“Excellent suite and reasonable winter cost”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #10 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Glendale, Arizona
“Excellent suite and reasonable winter cost”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

First time for us in a SpringHill Suites hotel. We liked it very much. The staff was very nice and cheery. All suites come with microwave and small fridge. The beds are fantastic with plenty pillows. Count on Marriott for nice beds. The TV turns for viewing in bed or on suite couch. Large closets and bathroom sink separate from toilet which is nice. The decor was very pleasant. We look for more SpringHill Suite hotels the rest of our trip, finding another great one in Raleigh.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Greensboro. We are glad that you like the brand! The SpringHill Suites Brand is one of the best brands that Marriott has to offer! Welcome the the SpringHill Family! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed on New Years . When arrived they couldn't find my reservation . I had mistakenly booked the night before . The manager kindly moved over the charge from the night before . They didn't have a single king size avble, so she gave me a king suite for no extra !!!! I wish I remember her name, but you couldn't ask for better service !!!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Greensboro. We take great pride in our hotel and our Marriott Hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon and we wish you all the best in 2013!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

One of the all-around best hotels I have stayed in, ever. First, and most importantly, the hotel is 100% SMOKE FREE and PET FREE. My wife has allergies and staying in a room where there is smoke or one that has had dogs or cats in it can cause serious health problems. Thank you, thank you to SpringHill Suites for eliminating these concerns!

The room was very nice, the bed comfortable, and with a variety of pillows - everyone should be able to find one they like and get a good night's sleep. The separate sitting room had a chair, sofa, coffee table, and desk with chair. The wireless worked well and was fast enough. However, you should be aware that the wireless, while it does not require a password, is one of those that requires you to log in (by clicking "agree") anytime you disconnect even for a short period (i.e., your computer goes to sleep). iPhones/iPads will have to log back in frequently, unless you set your device to not go to sleep for a long duration. This was a minor inconvenience but offset by the fact that the wireless connection was actually fast and useable when you were connected, unlike many hotels.

The room had a mini-kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and coffee maker. The fridge is a bit larger than the "cubes" often found in hotels. Be aware that is does not have a freezer; the entire unit is a refrigerator only. This was not an issue for us, as the upside to this is that there is more useable space in the refrigerator, plus the fact that the freezers in these small units don't often freeze very well anyway.

The heating and a/c unit has a thermostat on the wall. You can switch between heat and a/c, as well as choose whether the fan runs continuously - everything we look for in hotel room climate control!

The TV worked well, with a decent channel selection (30-something stations). No issues. The blackout drapes kept the vast majority of the sunlight out, helping with the good night's sleep.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. There is a make-your-own waffle machine. In addition to regular batter, there is a choice of whole-grain batter, plus sugar-free syrup! Great for those watching carbs. They also had eggs (scrambled and hard-boiled), sausage, oatmeal (homemade in a kettle, not instant packets), 5 or 6 cold cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, juices, milk, coffee, and probably a few more things I don't recall. One thing to be aware of is that breakfast ends at 9am on weekdays, rather than 9:30 as in many hotels, so plan accordingly. They have complimentary USA today, as well as coffee and tea available 24/7 in the lobby.

We stayed here on a Thursday night, on the top (4th) floor. No issues with noise, from either inside the hotel or out. The hotel is in a prime location, close to both I-40 and I-85 and right in the middle of a plethora of restaurants and shopping. There are several restaurants within walking distance. There is also a Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and a mall within walking distance, though you have to cross a 4-lane road to get to these, and I did not observe whether there were any crosswalks at the traffic lights.

We made reservations last-minute, after we were on the road. Lynn Shields took our call was extremely pleasant and helpful. She even told us that she would not be there to greet us when we arrived, but Deshawn would. Sure enough, when we arrived Deshawn Daniels greeted us and checked us in - the model of efficiency and customer service! Both Lynn and Deshawn went the extra mile to ensure our stay was absolutely as perfect as it could be. Thanks!!

We travel often between northern Virginia and Atlanta, and usually spend the night in Greensboro (having given up on Charlotte as hopeless). We have stayed in several hotels, never finding one good enough to go back to a second time. However, from now on we will not stay anywhere else other than the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Greensboro!

1 Thank Steve W
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro. We are thankful you stayed and enjoyed our hotel. I will pass the kind words on to Lynn and Deshawn as they are valued members of our team. We are excited to see you back here on your next trip to Atlanta. We also, are getting a wireless internet update, and will be adding additional items to our breakfast in 2013. Again, thank you for the kind works and feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed here because of the great reviews and were not disappointed. I asked Deshawn if he had any recommendations for a restaurant that served prime rib as we were celebrating our anniversary. He said he would check on some places and get back with us. He not only had a list but had prepared a gift basket and brought a card signed by the staff on site at that time. Each time we met any staff member they were very nice. We will stay again!

1 Thank Pam-Mom2NickScottRob
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and Deshawn. He is a wonderful and extremely valued team member. We hope you enjoyed your anniversary here at the SpringHill Suites and also hope you had a great anniversay dinner. We are looking forward to having you stay again!
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife and I travel between Florida and Pennsylvania at least twice a year. I changed our usual route this year to avoid Charlotte, NC as we have not had good experiences there. I chose Springhill Suites due to the good reviews here.
Staff was wonderful, the room was comfortable, clean and pleasant. The WiFi worked smoothly. The breakfast was fine.
This will now become our regular place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about our SpringHill Suites. We hope you had a great trip down to Florida. We are glad that you chose to stay at the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro on your recent trip. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I have stayed in this hotel about a dozen times and I get the same great service every time. I can't say enough about the staff, whenever I need directions or information they quickly help out. Deshawn Daniels, the front office supervisor does a great job with the guests, always asking if we need anything. He stays on top of everything and has become my go to person.

Room Tip: You won't find a better value for the money.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Noel S
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Greensboro. We take great pride in our service. We are a GREAT hotel because we have GREAT guest's like you! Thank you!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I had to travel to greensboro for a funeral, so needless to say I was having a horible week. It seemed like the entire drive up from Orlando, if one thing did not go wrong another did. so when myself and my wife and 2 month old son arived at this location we were very tired and some what frustrated. We were welcomed Friday 11/23 around midnight by a very nice man. We stayed friday and Saturday night and were very pleased with everything. But the part I liked the most, Sunday when we were loading up the truck for the drive back to Orlando we had everything ready to go when my truck would not start because my battery died. Just another thing to throw on top. I saw a young lady inside cleaning. I went up to her and asked her if she would give me a jump start. She was very nice and so helpful. I offered her money and she turned it down aswell. I was so greatfull for the help that I received from this young lady, who I later learned was named Jennifer, that I had to give some type of recognition. Even at a horrible time when so many things seem to be going wrong, it is nice to meet that one person that is willing to help out and make you feel so at home. Thank you again to Jennifer.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jay B
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the SpringHill Suites Greensboro. We take great pride in our hotel and our Marriott Hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon!