Booked 2 nights for my son's audition at the UNCG School of Music. Called Monday to confirm my reservations for Friday and spoke to David. He confirmed the room types and requests. I further asked if we could get connecting rooms, and he explained that there are only 2 king-bed suites that connect, but he was able to get us into those rooms. I thanked him and asked that he also note we were arriving after 9PM, and he did so. That Friday, after driving for 4 hrs. through the recent ice storm that hit the entire east coast we arrived safe and sound at 6PM (schools were closed that day so we started out earlier than planned). We were checked in by Lynn, who told us the 2 connecting rooms we were supposed to get were given to others. When I explained my conversation with David 5 days earlier, she apologized and got us into 2 rooms next to each other (not connecting), and also discounted the rates on both rooms for the entire stay! She then asked us why we were in town, and, after hearing our reason she looked in the system and found an additional discount to apply for our going to UNCG. Needless to say we were ecstatic and thanked Lynn profusely. This set the tone for the rest of our stay, as Lynn and the rest of the staff never failed to make us feel at home and comfortable. This is the second Springhill Suites we've stayed at and we plan to use them regularly from now on (used to always book Homewood Suites). The pool area was well kept and temperature in the Jacuzzi was hot the way it should be. Breakfast was typical with fruits, cereal, juices and coffee/tea, plus one hot selection of eggs and meat along with make-your-own waffles. The one complaint we had here was that "plain" omelettes were served both days (why not just scrambled?) instead of switching it up. Our rooms were very comfortable and well cleaned too. The bathroom fan whined pretty loudly when turned on, as well as the microwave (room 210). We didn't report either of these to the staff, however, since we didn't see them as major annoyances. Our second night we had very noisy neighbors who stayed up talking past 2AM. After waking up twice due to the noise I got up and turned the fan on the HVAC to "on" (instead of "auto"), and the white noise worked just fine to let us get a good night's sleep. None of the above changed my mind about this hotel's rating. We've found the staff at the Springhill Suites we've stayed at so far to be very attentive and the hotels very well run. The surrounding area is very convenient to restaurants, malls, and theaters. Only 15 minutes from UNCG.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, you'll love our smart, stylish SpringHill Suites by Marriott Greensboro hotel. Our all-suite hotel is near the Greensboro Coliseum, International Civil Rights Center & Museum, and the High Point Market - the largest furniture trade show in the world. Our hotel features complimentary high-speed Internet access, luxurious bedding, and separate spaces for working and relaxing. Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. Make yourself at home with the 32" LCD TV, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, wet bar, and pullout sofa bed. Relax in our pool or fitness room. Or stop by our complimentary guest reception - serving appetizers each evening, Monday through Thursday. If you're planning a small meeting, let us know - our boardroom accommodates up to six. Few hotels in Greensboro, NC can match our award-winning service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Greensboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites By Marriott Greensboro Hotel Greensboro
- Greensboro Springhill Suites