“Wonderful staff!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Bern, North Carolina
“Wonderful staff!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We had made reservations at another hotel in Greensboro and were horrified by its conditions. Fortunately we found Springhill Suites and they saved our trip. Lynn Shields, who was working the front desk, made sure we were welcomed and settled. The next morning we met other members of the staff. All were exceptional--friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

Our party had a total of three rooms and all were well maintained and comfortable. The hotel not only looked and felt clean, but smelled clean, too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Nice hotel at a reasonable price, did not have a car but I was able to walk to plenty of restaurants and shopping. I was in Greensboro for work, had some issues with renting a car, but still was able to get around. The hotel was right off a major highway, so there was a fair amount of traffic, if walking out on the main road, little challenging with the traffic. Numerous restaurants within a mile of the hotel, good breakfast in the morning with good choices.

Room Tip: had the room right next to the elevator, a little loud as the elevator was used often.
Green Features: Usual reusing of the towels, no idea what else they did.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
SpringHillSuitesGSO, Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your remarks about our hotel and we are sorry to hear you had some issues with renting a car while in Greensboro. We understand that Wendover Ave does get quite congested and may be a little difficult to cross if walking. We do also have a few restaurants right here in our immediate area that are accessible with out crossing Wendover. We hope you enjoyed your stay here at the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro and we would love to see you back on your next trip to this area!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

King size bedroom layout very good...floors are very thin therefore I could hear the person above me moving around at night 4am...lol..I must say I have never had that issue at any Marriott hotel..no hot water this morning therefore I took a cool shower...breakfast was provided and there were plenty of people enjoying the breakfast...I was surprise they didn't ask for my rewards number..overall...the price and Marriott name is always a safe bet for me..

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Airborne M
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro. Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and we strive to make every stay perfect. I am suprised to hear that our desk did not ask for your Marriott rewards number as we really value our rewards members. Please feel free to contact me with your rewards information so we can issue you credit for this stay. Also, we are sorry to hear your shower issue as we understand a cold shower is never a good way to start off the day. We had our boilers go down this weekend but we now have these back up and running. If you could please send me your Marriott Rewards information I would love to purchase you some rewards points for this inconvenience. We hope that on your next trip to Greensboro that you will stay with us again as we would love to earn you back as a loyal Marriott Rewards member.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for just a night trip and happily suprised by the service during breakfast. Their staff was gracious and welcoming. A young lady by the name of Ms. Simms welcomed me with a huge smile and a very gracious "Good Morning Sir How was your night" You dont find that good of a welcoming at most hotels. The food was great and with great service from Ms. Simms and others nothing could be a better way to start the day. Ms. SImms and the whole staff were GREAT.....i will definiately be coming back to this hotel next time im in greensboro you made me a very happy customer and one for life. Thank you Ms. Simms and everybody see you next time

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for selecting the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro to stay while you were passing though town. Ms. Simm's is a wonderful member of our team and we thank you for your wonderful remarks about her service. Also, we are glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We just introduced our new breakfast back in July when we added the Kashi cereals and greek yogurt. Thanks again for the wonderful remarks and we look forward to seeing you back at the SpringHill Suites in Greensboro on your next trip to town!
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A reservation was made for a handicapped accessible room and upon check in my parents were given a room that had a handicapped accessible doorbell, however there were no grab bars by the toilet and the room next to theirs was identified as handicapped accessible and it had the two key holes per ADA requirements however it had been given to another person. We were told that no other handicapped accessible rooms were available.

They tried to create some sort of "grab bar" because my mother is unable to lift herself off of the toilet without one. They had tons of excuses and they were pleasant, however the fact remains that they told us that we could have a handicapped accessible room when the reservation was made weeks before our arrival. We were given a discount, but that is a dangerous way to do business.

Additionally the hallways smell like body odor and it is impossible to regulate the room temperature. It is either very hot or cold air is blasting.

We typically like staying at Springhill Suites, but we will avoid staying at this one in the future

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisasark
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Lisasark,
Thank you for your review on our hotel and I am sorry to see that it was not a memorable one. I must apologize for the problem that you experienced during your stay. I understand the importance of your request and I am looking into why it was not granted. If I can bee of further assistance please feel free to let me know. Again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is our third year in a row for using this hotel as a stopover on our way to the coast. It is conveniently located off I-40 yet there is not much traffic noise. Its a quick drive to the Friendly Center for dining and shopping, though there is also plenty within blocks of the hotel. The staff is gracious and welcoming, and our room was clean and comfortable. Very happy customers!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us again for a 3ed year! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We hope you had a great trip to the beach and we look forward to seeing you again for year # 4!
Vermilion, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at the Springhill Suites in Greensboro on my way down to Wilmington North Carolina. Our hotel room was very nice and would stay there again but, that is not why i am writing this review. I have a problem with losing or leaving thing places. Well this trip was no exception. I had my expensive diamond earrings on to wear at a wedding we were going to attend that weekend. during the middle of the night they started to erritate my ears and I took them out and set them on the night stand. Long story short, I left them after toughly checking the room. The next day when getting ready I noticed they were missing and knew that I left them on the night stand at the Marriott. I quickly called and reported them missing. A lady called me back after checking the room and told me they did not find them. I told her that I had left them on the nightstand and I knew that I had left them. She said she would talk to the manager of cleaning department. I know there is a name for this but, cannot think of it right now. Then a guy by the name of Tom called me back and told me they found them hidden under the bed skirt. He then asked me how I wanted to get them. I told him to just send them to me through the mail. Then he asked where I was at for the wedding I was attending. He then proceeded to tell me he would be coming that way the next day with his family and he would drop them off to me. He had them to me the next day and was very great foul. This again Tom and the Springhill Suites hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for such a great review! We truly believe in the Sprit to Serve and I am glad that you got your earrings back in time for the Wedding! I was happy to deliver them to you and I hope you and your family had a wonderful weekend at the cost. We look forward to seeing you again on a return trip.