“Hockey Weekend in Greensboro”

SpringHill Suites Greensboro
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Another great weekend in Greensboro. I have stayed many times at this property and as usual it worked perfectly. They have raised there price, but it was graduation weekend. This property is very close to the Greensboro Ice House and lots of restaurant options. This property offers a special rate for Ice House customers.

I look forward to staying again next time I am at the Ice House.

Room Tip: This is a very busy area, but my room was quiet and I slept very well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CoachBob4
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Greensboro

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here with three children under the age of 6, and the hotel went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and keep our children happy. This made for happy parents too!
Upon arrival, they gave each child a little toy which they used in the pool. When we called them for a pack n play, Conall not only brought the cleanest pack and play I have seen in a hotel, but it came with a super soft sheet set. He also brought us a night light and baby wash, baby lotion--none of these things we had requested--he took it upon himself to do it and refused a tip when we tried to give him one!
Breakfast is complimentary, which is great for kids who wake up hungry. The pool was saltwater, which we like, no one had puffy red eyes. When we left, they gave us paper and crayons for the trip home. Deshawn and Conall were friendlier and more accommodating than any hotel staff I have ever met. Will be recommending to friends and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BKreutz
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

B. Kreutz,

Our entire team wanted to Thank You for the kind words you gave us concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Conall and DeShawn are truly assets to our team in our quest to be the best in the hospitality business. We aim to provide our guests with a truly wonderful experience and hope that all our guests leave us happy and satisfied. We hope to see you again whenever you are in the Greensboro area, and would truly love to have you back.

Respectfully,

Ken Andrews, GM
Springhill Suites by Marriott
Greensboro, N.C.
336.809.0909

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed here on our return home from the beach. Every room in the hotel is a suite. The rooms are not huge, but it is nice to have somewhere to sit besides the bed. The suite includes a small couch. From the pictures, I thought the room included 2 TVs, one near the bed and one in the sitting area, but that was not the case. The TV is situated between the two areas so it can be viewed either from the couch or from the bed. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The gentlemen working the front desk, both at check in the first evening and at checkout the next morning were very pleasant and friendly. The gentleman at check in made several suggestions for dinner and even gave us a coupon for a free appetizer. The complimentary breakfast was mediocre, which frankly is typical for hotel breakfasts. Choices included the usual fare, bagels, oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, muffins, etc. We ultimately decided to go out for breakfast. However, the rest of our stay was great and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_C_in_WV
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My favorite thing about this hotel was the location. Close to a lot of things but well away from the interstate. It was very quiet! Staff was very friendly and seemed to truly care about their guests. The room and bed were comfortable, though the bed was a tight fit in the room. Breakfast was excellent. The only complaint was an extremely noisy bathroom fan which sounded like a jet engine starting and stopping -- and it could not be controlled separately from the light. That's why I dropped from a 5 to a 4. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spade7
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a great stay a Springhill Suites. Nice size room, comfy beds and two TVs. Staff was extremely helpful. Each staff member went out of their way to remember our first names.
I lost my car keys, and the whole staff helped locate them. Charlene Kufner stepped up 100% when we thought I may have locked them in the car.
Morning breakfast was clean and well stocked. Mary worked the breakfast each morning we were there and she was courteous and extremely pleasant.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here on a recent business trip in this property. Clean hotel and helpful staff. I always enjoy the large rooms/suites offered here. Plenty of room to spread out and relax. The staff helped with recommendations for a local eatery that was very good. Great location for business stays.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Mr. J.

I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We pride ourselves on being clean and friendly and efficient, and would love to have you back sometime.

I couldn't help but note the score of 3 out of 5. Please help me understand what we could have done better for you. We will use this information to improve, not only for you when you come back, but for all of our guests.

Again, we thank you for your business.

Respectfully,

Ken Andrews, GM
Springhill Suites by Marriott
Greensboro, N.C. 27407
336.809.0909

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family and I have been staying here for the last four years while my daughter attended North Carolina A&T State University. When we have stayed here the entire staff were very welcoming and friendly. Ms. Mary always made sure the breakfast was nice and hot. She always asked if we needed anything. My daughter graduated yesterday, but if we visit Greensboro again, we will most definitely stay at Spring Hill Suites!! Wonderful accommodations! I liked how the hotel has been renovated!

Room Tip: The beds are comfortable. The rooms are cozy!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family