“I's stay here again!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“I's stay here again!”
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Great hotel. Great deal (under $100 a night). Wonderful breakfast included. Clean and quiet room. My younger kids loved the pool. My teenager was happy on the the couch bed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Mulkey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 22 August 2010
Our pool is open year round, located just off the lobby and is over looked by our 24-hour fitness center. If you are looking to mix up your fitness routine or help the kids work off some extra energy before turning in for the night our pool is here for your enjoyment. Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and we will see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Many times people are quick to complain about and point out mistakes and shortcomings, but we, me included, are not as rapid to compliment when things go right or others meet or exceed our expectations. We tend to overlook excellence, but we need to be better at recognizing and pointing out the positives. In an effort to practice what I preach, I want to compliment the staff at the Springhill Suites, Marriott in Greensboro, NC.

My spouse and I live in Dallas, TX, and after the death of her Father last week, she contacted the Springhill Suites to make reservations. From that point forward, the staff there went above and far beyond expectations in taking care of our needs. When we arrived at the hotel, we were met by Deshawn Daniels, who immediately expressed his sympathy for our loss and made it very clear he was both sincere and ready to help. Then when we arrived in our room, which he made on the first floor close to the exit for our convenience, we found a had written not of sympathy signed by many of the staff. There was also a small basket of refreshments for our pleasure. This is one of the most thoughtful expressions I have ever seen from a hotel staff. The next day when my wife's son arrived from New York City, they placed him across the hall from us so we could communicate directly and easily. Another thoughtful gesture that would have been missed by other less superior establishments.

In today’s world of hustle and bustle, with e-mails and texting, it is unusually to find people who are the consummate professionals and care about people and still believe in the human, personal touch. THe staff there from Mike Mulkey, who we met at the desk while there, to the House Staff, to the maintenance man who came to check our television, everyone went above and beyond our highest expectations. They are all personable, friendly, and even though I am sure they are all very, very busy, they never seemed to be too hurried to help when needed. I wish I knew everyone’s name so I could mention them by name.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Not every occasion involving the need to stay in our hotel is one of pleasure. The staff at the SpringHill suites understands this and looks for ways to make our guest stay during personally emotional times the best it can be. You and your family were a joy to meet and get to know during your short visit. Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites and we wish you and your family the best!
PA
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My family and I (2 adults/2 teens) were originally at the Clarion airport as part of a group attending a soccer tournament. The Clarion was not our choice, but where the team was staying. The Clarion was absolutely horrible. You do NOT want to stay there. After one night, we left and came to the Springhill Suites. It was a wonderful respite, believe me. Many on the team followed suit. I had interactioins with many staff members (we were there for 3 nights) and all were very helpful and professional. We had a nice suite with 2 beds (they had indicated that they were queens, but they really did feel more like doubles...somewhat small) and 2 TVs. There was a 'fridge and microwave. The bathroom was not overly large, however there was very adequate space to store one's items at a separate sink area just outside the bathroom. I did want to use the exercise room, however, all 3 pieces of equipment ( 2 treadmills and a recumbent bike) were all broken. I did tell the staff and they called in their outside contractor to come repair the equipment. It was not completed immediately, however the staff did take steps to remedy the situation as soon as I let them know about it. The location is great, with many nearby restaurants. The breakfast was adequate. There were two computers with internet service, however only one was working and it was usually occupied.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Mulkey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 27 July 2010
It was a pleasure this past week to have the girls soccer teams come stay with us. We look forward to cheering you on every year! I apologize for the equipment being out of order during your stay but assure you things are up and running again. As an added benefit, we understand some of our visitors need more to keep up with their fitness regiment than can be offered on property. That is why your accommodations also include a free pass to “the Rush” fitness center for the duration of your stay. See you again next year!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2010

Our stay at SpringHill Suites was significantly enhanced by the service we received from Earlene. Earlene works in the breakfast area setting and cleaning up. I stayed at SpringHill Suites in Greensboro, NC with my daughter and her two small children ages 4 and 7. Earlene was very helpful in making sure we had what we needed for the children. I especially remember Earlene wrapping my youngest grandson's Fruit Loops (that he had opened) so we could take them with us for him to eat while we were on the road.

Kudo's to Earlene for providing excellent customer service.

Marianne Harris

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Mulkey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 20 July 2010
Thank you for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Earlene is an extraordinary member of our staff but by no means the exception. I can honestly say that our staff enjoys interacting with our guest and it shows. We look forward to your quick return Ms. Harris and thank you again for letting those who have not had a chance to visit us know what they can expect!
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My husband, sister, 10 year old son and I stayed here for one night in order to attend our sons college graduation the next day. It was exactly what we needed. I had asked for a DVD player in advance and the front desk had it waiting for us when we arrived.
The room was perfect and clean, the bed very comfortable and the room appeared larger due to the high ceilings. The microwave, mini-refrig. and flat screen t.v. were handy. We had stayed at a different hotel on the same street a few years ago, but SpringHill has it all going on. Even the complimentary breakfast which was great ! My only complaint would be the coffee. It seems that every hotel we have ever stayed never has good coffee, and we all know that is important especially when you've been traveling and have a full itinerary. SpringHill and others could learn from that and spend some more money for full flavored rich tasting coffee.
We would definately stay here again though. The customer service was great and accommodations were very good. The hotel is very close to many good restaurants.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
We understand that our guest have many options for accommodations while visiting Greensboro. That is why we strive to anticipate the needs of our guest and provide in room amenities that meet the needs of today’s travelers. Thank you for letting everyone know about a few things they can expect on their next visit with us. Please let me know next time you are in town and we will have your choice of coffee in the room waiting on you! We look forward to your next visit and we hope to see you again soon.
massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2010

This hotel was excellent. The value was very good. We enjoyed the complimentary evening reception and hot breakfast. The suite was cozy, very clean and cheerful. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The staff was very detailed-orientated and it showed throughout the entire hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your last visit with us! We hold our guest reception Mon- Thurs as a way of saying thank you for staying with us. Every Monday we have free Hooters wings and we like to mix it up the other nights to offer some variety. Whether it’s baked ziti and garlic bread, or Stir- Fry with vegetables you can expect to sample local cuisine from area restaurants during your visit, and it’s all FREE. Thanks again for sharing your visit with everyone!
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed at the hotel in January when we were getting my daughter settled at UNCG. The rooms were nice (liked having the sitting area adjacent to the bedroom) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar in the morning was perfect so we could all get a snack to get our day started.

I am tardy in writing this review because I just had a not so great experience at The Sheraton in Greensboro. Since I wrote a bad review about them I decide to take the time to praise Spring Hill Suites for doing a good job and for being a much better value for the money.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for pointing out that our hotel is the best value for your money during your stay in Greensboro. With only 82 rooms we are able to provide an unmatched level of service that larger hotels cannot achieve. You don’t have to worry about getting lost in the crowed at the SpringHill Suites! Thank you for your post and we look forward to seeing you again soon!