“I love this hotel.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brattleboro, Vermont
“I love this hotel.”
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The staff is wonderful and helpful. Best front desk staff I have ever seen. The rooms are clean and all suites. The indoor pool is a nice touch. I was able to enjoy a swim after my meeting. Breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel. I will pass your kind words onto our department heads. I must say, our staff truly cares about each guest.

Tom Ullring

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Florida
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Stayed at this location for 3 nights. Room was a little small to use with the sofa bed. Food for the dinner snack could be improved. Numerous people reported a person smoking in their room 2 of the nights and they said they couldn't do anything about unless they left evidence. The smell of smoke in the hallway should be enough evidence, especially if they knocked on every door and only one room no one answered. Biggest problem was after we checked out we realized that a small box with 2 retainers in it was left behind. Called and was told nothing was found. I can't believe that a person can clean a room and not see a black retainer box. It is about the size out the palm of your hand. I called numerous times and was told this person or that person would call me back. No one did. I had to keep calling and was told anything found, no matter how small, would be turned in to the front desk. NOT TRUE. The cost to replace retainers was more than the 3 night stay. Would never stay there again even though I will be in that area numerous times for the next 4-5 years.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dbbfl
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
Hello, my name is Tom Ullring and I am the new General Manager here at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I just read your review and wanted to let you know how deeply sorry I am for the problems you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on Marriott’s Spirit to Serve and in this case we did not live up to your expectations. If possible, I would like for you to contact me personally. I would like to win your business back to our hotel the next time you visit Greensboro.

Kuwait
Reviewed 16 February 2011

All services were excellent and we really enjoyed the stay. We will recommend to all our friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 17 February 2011
Wonderful, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to Welcoming you back again soon!

Tom Ulling
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We selected this hotel partially because of the reviews and the Tripadvisor ranking. While we have nothing major to complain about, I'm surprised at the high ranking. Rooms were clean but for a suites hotel, I thought they were a little small. Staff was pleasant and let us check in early. Coffee in the lobby tasted terrible. The "hot breakfast" was pretty standard for hotels of this type. Again, a decent hotel but nothing to distinguish it from others in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
SpringHillSuitesGSO, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 15 February 2011
Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites during your visit to Greensboro, NC and taking the time to write a review. Our guest's feedback is very important to us. I will personally look into the coffee in the lobby and see how we can improve the taste. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We've stayed here 4 times over the past year when attending NC A& T events. The hotel staff is excellent and very pleasant! Very eager to please and very helpful. Rooms are clean, some bathrooms need to be updated, but overall I rate this hotel a 4.5 due to the staff!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites during your visit to Greensboro, NC and taking the time to write a review. Our staff believes in Marriott’s Spirit to Serve. They truly care about our guest’s, our hotel and our community. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I love SpringHill Suites and no matter the location, this chain never seems to disappoint. The staff was excellent! They were very helpful and professional. It was great to see that the towels and wash cloths were CLEAN and WHITE and they didn't look worn. I also like the fact that the linens kept in the sealed bag for the pull out couch were clean and fresh. Overall the lines on the beds were great, however I did find some hair on a pillow and on the sheets. This typically freaks me out which is why I couldn't give the hotel a 5 rating. In comparison to other hotels when I travel, SpringHill Suites has always maintained a high level of customer service and a great stay away from home. Please continue to keep up the good work.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites during your visit to Greensboro, NC and taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on to our housekeeping department about the hair you found on the pillow and our housekeepers now use hairnets when cleaning our rooms. You’re feedback was very helpful and again thank you!
We look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel again soon.

West Jefferson, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I am a regular at this hotel and stay at this location every chance I get. The staff treats me like family...but they treat everyone like family. The managment is superior; therefore, so is the staff. Every staff member says hello when you encounter them. I have seen one of the managers working on the second floor helping the staff clean lght bulbs and clean baseboard in the hallways. She was also taking time to help the staff with their English. This hotel always finds a room for me even on very short notice. Do not miss the opportunity to stay at this location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Mulkey, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Greensboro, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
It looks like you caught Charlene our Operations Manager in action! Charlene has been with the property for over four years and is a true joy to our guest and staff alike. Thank you for the kind words and we are glad you have found a place you can call home while on the road.