“A good date spot”
Review of Tavo

Tavo
Ranked #537 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Where Rum Runners used to be
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A good date spot”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I dropped by one night around 9 for a late dinner. I was on business so I sat at the bar and ordered the rib eye special. It was cooked perfectly. This would be a night place to have a date, but felt a bit out of place being a single guy at the bar eating.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kbogler

San Francisco, California
“Mac and cheese is the bomb”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Had the buttermilk chicken nicely seasoned. It's chicken breast very moist inside. Collard greens have no pork products. I don't know what they did to the Mac and cheese but OMG. Seated right away, waitress came and food was steaming hot when brought to the table.

• Visited June 2013
“Loud music, long wait, good food, never again”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I came to Tavo the first time a few weeks ago and I liked it. The second time was horrible! The live band had horrible acoustics!!! Too loud, couldn't talk to my friends. Got here at 9:45 and got my food at 11:30. It was busy but that is a long wait. By the time I got my good I was so annoyed that I just ate my food in anger!!! Never coming here again and no one should either. Lesson learned

• Visited June 2013
“It's nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I happened upon Tavo while trying to find a dinner spot this evening. We had never heard of it and hadn't read any reviews. The menu posted outside looked like it might be good, so we decides to try it.

We had a bumpy start to our visit as our waitress was in training and her manager was literally standing right over her shoulder making her so nervous she spilled our drinks on the floor. I felt bad for the poor girl. He was making me nervous too! She was very nice and apologetic, as was everyone else. They did move the two of us to another very large table. We had to send back my husbands replacement beer because it was in a dirty class. The 3rd beer attempt was fine. Our spilled drinks were to be comped per the manager, but they ended up on our bill. We paid for them anyway, it wasn't really worth the time to bring it up.

The atmosphere is impressive, but I didn't understand why they would put a television in the corner of that huge room or why they even had a television for that matter.

The food was pretty good for the most part and the portions were a good size. It took a little while to arrive, but our server did explain when I ordered that my dish would take a little longer. We didn't have to wait too, too long and food came out hot. My only problem with the food was my collard greens. They were so salty I couldn't eat them. I just read that on other reviews as well.

This place has a few good things going on, but it's really not worth another visit for us.

Robbins, North Carolina
“Great Food, slow service”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I visited Tavo while in a training session in Greensboro. When we finally received our food, after an hour wait, it was hot and had great flavor. It is a very nicely decorated restaurant, and I assumed it would be pricey. It was actually a really good value. We were extended over 30 minutes on our alloted lunch break. Thank goodness it was about half of the class so our instructed didn't seem too upset. Good food, needs work on service.

• Visited May 2013