“Took Pictures for my Friend”

Greensboro Public Library
Ranked #24 of 74 things to do in Greensboro
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Our primary objective was the Children's Museum, and this building is right across the street with easy access via a nice wide crosswalk. Upon entering, there is a snack bar and used book section. I enjoyed a latte there, as did my husband and daughter later. Our grandson found it hard to leave the museum, so I took my Nook Tablet there and sat in a comfortable chair on the main floor. There is an interesting metal sculpture there as you enter the main floor. It seems modern and well laid out.

There are newer reviews for Greensboro Public Library

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Felt the need to secure all bags, children and personal items. Getting past the crowd to even get into the building felt very scary.........they need to clean up the area so you feel safe going in. They have a great selection but its too scary to enter downtown

3  Thank Mommyjojo2004
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our family loves books so visits to the library are special. We have experienced many different public libraries in all the cities we have lived, and Greensboro's libraries are bright, clean and efficiently run, but are simply lacking in the number of books and options offered. Maybe it is the fact that so many great colleges are in the area. The facilities are great. Just want more books.

1  Thank Travelingtrio2013
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Every library in the system has it's own personality. My favorite is the one off of New Garden Road that is built in a wooded setting with a Frank Lloyd Wright style and is furnished in a modern style. There is even a screened in porch with rockers. When entering, be sure to look up. There is a great mural on the ceiling. Another library in the system focuses on the arts. If you want to see creativity, visit the Yanceyville Road library.

1  Thank NewSrTraveler
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I am always shocked at the lack of books in the Library system. My much smaller home town has many more options than here.