“My second stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My second time here and I will stay here the next time I am in Greensboro. Located just off I-40 and walk distance to some nice restaurants and also a short drive. I have had business in the downtown area and there is easy access. It is also near their Coliseum. Very clean facility and I have noticed that a lot of the newer or remodeled Hampton's have large new showers, also very clean beding.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your kind review! I appreciate that you are a loyal and repeat guest, it shows that we are doing something right! Keep coming back, I've challenged my Front Desk to learn our guests names and they do a great job in remembering those that have only been here one time!

Safe and Happy Travels,

General Manager Greensboro Coliseum Area

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

New location and convenient within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and a choice of many attraction plus less than a mile from coliseum if that is on your list. The facility is very inviting. Our suite was roomy, furniture and bed were comfortable. I loved the walkin shower. We enjoyed the fitness room, heated indoor pool and of course my son enjoyed the fresh cookies and waffles for breakfast. I would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words! You reflect what so many others are saying, we appreciate your review and want you staying here again. Our rooms are great, the breakfast is amazing and our staff is so helpful.

Come back again!

Safe and Happy Travels,
General Manager/Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Apparently new hotel. Decent accommodations. Staff, with one exception, was rather indifferent. No luggage stands in the suite we had. My wife had to use the kitchen counter and I used the floor. Not very convenient. Not enough towels for two people for two days. Heating/cooling unit was very difficult to regulate. Hampton continues to insist on providing paper cups for in room use instead of glassware. This suite had the smallest, most uncomfortable chair in the sitting area. All in all not the best stay at a Hampton and I use Hilton properties frequently.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm disssappointed that you feel this way, we may have had an off day for that I apologize. Since we talked on the phone, I have added towels to the rooms, which is more than what the brands standard requires. Isn't that great? We certainly understand your frustration regarding glass cups, I'll let corporate know of your issues with this. I appreciate your feedback, hopefully you'll try us again and see why we are an award winning property. We truly care about our guests!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Loved this Hotel! Arrived late after a long day of travel to the High Point furniture market and was greeted at the front desk with big smiles by the staff. Always stay at Hampton but this was far and away the best ever! The entire hotel is smoke free! The rooms were immaculate and we had a great stay. Very close and convenient to the O'Henry hotel where our event the next day was being held. Got this reservation at the last minute a week prior to the stay. And then.....spent the rest of market at the dive Hampton Inn in Archdale (High Point) NC. Booked here today for next year and was bummed when it showed no availability online, however, after calling the hotel directly I found they did have rooms but not showing online due to the special event. Yes, it is that good- book early!

Room Tip: Although this property is right off the highway we did not experience any road noise and I am a ligh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Wow! What a great review! We certainly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you want come back again and again. You are right, we strive for excellence and are so happy that you enjoyed our property! Please know that we love hearing this feedback, it really means so much to us beacause we work tirelessly to ensure your comfort and peace of mind! See you next year!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I’m not going to get into our arrival because I know it was just a one time incident with a pay-per-view fight being held at Hooter’s. But they do need security working on nights like those so the parking lot will be available for hotel guests.

One of the main reasons I booked this particular Hampton Inn was because of how stylish and contemporary rooms looked online. Nothing else I looked at came close to this. Our room was the very spacious 1 King Studio Suite. This room definitely felt like you were getting more for your money. As you walk there’s a wet bar that leads into the sitting area with the couch. The room is separated with a nice office desk with a flat screen tv mounted to the wall that swivels from side to side that can be viewed from any angle depending on which side of the room you’re on. Still middle of the room but just off is the bathroom sink with the shower and toilet in it’s own room. On the far side is one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The complimentary breakfast offers a great variety to choose from and you won’t walk away without something to eat. All the staff were very friendly and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen G, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel! I appreciate your thoughtful review and it is wonderful knowing that all of the things that I love about our property, you love as well. The decor was carefully chosen to be contemporary because we have so many business travellers that are tired of the same old style. We wanted to be different and I think we accomplished that. Make sure that you come back when you are in the area, we want you here as your home away from home!

Yours in Hospitality,

we loved the Hampton's
Reasonable food
Free parking
Internet in room and public areas
Excellent location - close to downtown
The city itself is very nice and pleasant
We loved our stay there-even its only 1 night

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Your response sums it up! Its not complicated how to please guests, treat them exceptionally, provide a great experience, have large clean rooms and and a lot of great freebies ( a hot breakfast that is amazing should be standard everywhere)! Thank you for giving us your feedback and please stay here again when you get the chance. We value you so much!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I love Hampton Inns but this was far and away the nicest I've ever seen. Derek at the front desk greeted us with a big smile and Lorenzo, man about the hotel, was a delight. We felt so welcome! We had traveled to Greensboro to see Tony Bennett and the staff remembered to ask about our experience. The rooms were beautiful. I'm trying to find out what kind of pillows they used because they were wonderful! The breakfast area was huge and very modern. Breakfast was extra good because we didn't get crammed into some closet-sized room to eat it. Highly recommend this hotel! Great location, too, just off I-40 and a couple of miles from the Coliseum complex.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! We strive for excellence and it shows in every aspect of our hotel. Thank you for coming back! I am so blessed to be here serving such wonderful guests like yourself, it is surely a joy. We need your feedback, good and bad, please be sure to continue reviewing us and others so that we can know how you feel about our property. It really means a lot!

Yours in Hospitality,