“Best Hotel In Greensboro”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte,NC
“Best Hotel In Greensboro”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel while we were in Greensboro for a soccer tournament. Everyone else was staying across the street at the Sheraton. Boy am I glad my mom was insistent we stay at Hampton Inn. The hotel was so clean and well kept. The front desk people could not have been nicer or more helpful. The room was gorgeous, comfortable, and clean. We did not hear a peep from other guests, not even anyone in the hallway. The pool was really clean and a perfect temperature. The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever seen with so much variety, I was just amazed. The ladies who run the buffet were so sweet and do an excellent job. I also liked the proximity of the hotel to tons of restaurants and it's right next to the highway. I will not stay anywhere else in Greensboro. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed at a room on the backside and did not hear a peep from any other guests.
Green Features: I was very impressed with the little reminders all over the hotel about the evironmentally-friendly practices. I would appreciate a small recycling bucket in the room. The trash can was tiny so surely there is room for a recyling can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bubbyc
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your kind review! We love serving the Greensboro area and take pride in being an award winning property. I'm going to pass your thoughtful response on to my entire staff, they love it when they are recognized and they work so hard to ensure that you have wonderful experience. Great news about the recycling, we are in the process of ordering the inserts so that we can continue the efforts that we have already started here in our back office. Thanks for the tip!

Come back and stay with us when you are in the area!

Warm Regards,

Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum Area

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I were traveling from Ohio to North Topsail Beach, NC, and decided to make our 11 hour drive in two days. We stayed at this hotel on the way down and absolutely fell in love with it! I typically don't sleep well the first night in a strange place, but in that comfy bed, I immediately fell to sleep, and slept like a baby! The breakfast was fabulous, delicious with so many offerings. We loved it so much, we decided to book a night for our return trip. We were lucky to get bumped up into a King Suite and felt like we were living in the lap of luxury. All of the accommodations in this hotel make traveling a breeze! I loved the bedding, even came home and ordered the comforter and duvet cover!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WOW! What a great review! We cater to a lot of travelers on the I-40 corridor and I'm so glad you chose to stay here out of all of your options. Looks like you picked the right hotel! I love our beds and duvets, as well! In fact, I ordered the Sealy mattress and box spring for my house, too. When you are traveling through again, make sure you come back here. We're your home away from home!

Safe and Happy travels,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff was friendly and efficient; the rooms were clean, spacious and quiet; the breakfast choices were great; and the fitness center was clean, had nice equipment, and everything worked. This was even more impressive because they were sold out (graduations and Nascar) every night I was there, but you never would have known it. The only thing I didn't like was that the area around the hotel is fairly sterile ... oh yes, the Hooters adds some color, but that wasn't what I was looking for. They have very small patches of grass out back where they put tables so people could sit All in all, a lovely hotel. If I'm in Greensboro again, I'd stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I was in room 306, very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our wonderful property! We strive for excellence and that's why we are an award winning property. I wish we had more landscaping for the guests, we acually are looking into installing a fire pit and additional deck seating which should help outside. If you are in the area again, come back here to see us. We love having you here!

Safe and Happy travels,

Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel was great. If it wasn't brand new, it sure seemed like it.

The parking lot, grounds and hallways were spotless and the room was incredibly clean.

The Fitness Room also had new equipment with individual tv's on each machine as well as disposable earbuds to use with them.

On Wednesday evening, there was a complementary manager's reception with salad, wings and chicken tenders from the Hooter's next door as well as wine.

The location is also good as it is on a road with a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so grateful to be an award winning property and blessed to have wonderful guests such as yourselves! I have an amazing staff that ensures all of your needs are met and exceeded, training and encouragement are a daily ritual with us. Please let me know what we can do for you going forward, we would love for you to stay here again and again!

Warm regards,

General Manager Hampton Inn and Suites GSO Coliseum Area
NC
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Hotel is very convenient to I-40 and 85 and to convention center. Hotel is newer and well maintained. I have stayed here numerous times, however they now have a 24 hour cancellation policy and do not give discounted rates such as government which makes it less desirable for business travelers.

Room Tip: Request room on front side of hotel as motorcycles coming in and out of Hooters next door can be noi...
Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NcTravelinman
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your conrinued loyalty! I'm not sure where you are getting miss information, but we always offer discounts, except during some city wide events, and the government rate is only offered to those traveling on orders with the military or state. I would love to discuss this with you because we have low corporate rates that we can offer (deeply discounted) and will save you money. We are a business traveler's hotel and many corporate guests stay with us and have thier own accounts that allow for a flat discounted rate. Perhaps I can help you with that? Don't hesitate to contact me at 336-553-1818 to set this up!

Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area
Georiga
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The front desk personnel were extremely helpful and friendly. Customer service is very good at this hotel. Hats off to the manager!! The rooms in the picture are what you really received! The room was (even better than the pictures) very appealing, clean and I think newly renovated. Just awesome and quite!! The exterior of the hotel was well kept and the parking was available. Food is only steps away; every possible restaurant is on High Point Road. There is a very nice mall down the street. The breakfast was good, the norm as other Hampton Inn. The young lady overseeing the breakfast was so nice and helpful. This one is a winner with me on all levels of service. I think it is well managed and geared towards the guest services which is wonderful.

Room Tip: Top floor backside of hotel room 424 - I think
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wow! What a wonderful review! Thank you for your kind remarks, we are geared towards all types of travelers and really strive to give you a great experience when you stay here. I wish I could take all the credit but my staff is just as wonderful and they really care about our guests. Please come back and stay with us again when you are in the area, you get a great value, a wonderfully clean hotel and charming service. What else can you ask for?

Warm regards,

Hampton Inn and Suites Greensboro Coliseum Area
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We got a great deal on a king suite for one night while in town visiting relatives. Traveled with our 6 month old baby and had a late check-in. The staff was so great and accommodating, helping us with all our many bags into the room. And the room...was awesome. Supermodern furnishings and fixtures. The tv was situated so that my husband and I could watch tv late at night in the living room area without disturbing the baby asleep on the other side of the room. The kitchenette was perfect for preparing and storing bottles and baby food, as well as leftovers from our family visit (which we could also access without disturbing baby). The bedding was SO comfortable, all slept well that night. Except that I was coming down with an awful sore throat and cold overnight--my coughing and tossing and turning was disturbing the otherwise great night's sleep for hubby and baby and I was feeling so lousy...about 3AM I decided to sneak down to the lobby area in search of some relief. The complimentary coffee/tea station was out of hot water (since it was 3AM after all), but the manager on duty was kind enough to get me a cup of hot water for tea. And thanks to the little convenience store, I was able to get some cold medication (again--at 3AM!), which was simply charged to my room--it doesn't get more "convenient" than that. I felt so much better after sitting up in the dining area, letting the dayquil kick in, and sipping some tea while watching a little of some comedy they had playing on the tv, and chatting with one of the hotel staff. Went back to bed and got a great night's sleep. The next morning, I got up early with baby and we headed down to the complimentary breakfast downstairs--there was everything there I would normally choose from to eat for breakfast at home--from oatmeal to eggs, sausage, and potatoes, greek yogurt, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit; juices, etc. The sitting area is restaurant-style and there were even high chairs. Honestly, it could not have been a better dining experience had we gone out to an actual restaurant. All this was included in the price of our room. Being ill away from home is never a good time; traveling with a baby is not easy; but even with all these challenges, I had such an excellent stay and we were all well-rested to face our 5-hour drive home the next day.

Room Tip: The king suite is awesome
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Awww! I wish you felt better while you were here! We really treat you like family and are known to go to the store for guests that are ill or for various other reasons if we don't have what you need in our in-house shop. Your review really touched me so thank you for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful stay, overall. We want to be your home away from home so come back anytime and bring that beautiful baby with you!