Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Overall my stay was pleasant. The room was just enough space to maneuver around in (so I would consider a suite if booked again) but the complimentary refrigerator and microwave were a great bonus. The hotel along with the rooms, is clean and modern and I enjoyed the 24-hour coffee offered in the lobby (when it was hot). The only downgrade was the breakfast, which left much to be desired. I wish they had a restaurant or in-house eating service but all things considered, I did get value. And if I am in the area again, I will strongly consider this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback! Hilton doesn't offer restuarants for this type of property, we are focused service which means we offer a lot of things for free like our daily hot breakfast (which is amazing) and wi-fi. This keeps your rate lower and adds value to your stay. We look forward to a new Mexican restuarant opening in November and thier are about 30 other food options within walking distance, so that is a good thing for us. Do consider us again when in the area, our award winning property is wonderful and we want you here!

Safe and happy travels,
Karen Grissom

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Clean, comfortable & welcoming - a very pleasant business stay. Well located & easy to find. Staff are all very friendly and helpful. The choice and quality of the buffet breakfast is excellent. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recommendation! We work really hard to give you a great experience so your kind words really mean a lot. When you are in the area again, make sure to stay with us because we treat you like family and want you here!

Karen Grissom-

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Visited for one evening in Greensboro and stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites! What a surprise! We normally stay at the Doubletree but decided to try out the fairly new location. I must say we will not be going back across the street to the Doubletree! This hotel was clean sleek and cozy! From the front door to the rooms to the parking lot! Fresh clean sent sent as soon as you enter the room and smiles at the front desk! Great decor! Great service!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rangerarmywife1

WOW! What a great review! I appreciate you taking the time to say a few kind words about us, we strive for excellence in everything we do and it looks like we gave you a great experience while you were here. I'll forward this to my staff because they like to hear the wonderful things are guests are saying about us. Come stay with us again, we are an award winning property and appreciate your patronage.

Safe and happy travels,

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Had a one night stay here for work. Normally I stay at the HGI on wendover but have recently been staying at the new Hamptons when I can. Check in was a bit shaky as I believe the kid was new. But we got through it. Hotel is nice and clean, staff is professional and room was perfect. The issue here was location for me. For some reason it just felt a little "off". Did not feel as if there was as much around or as new as wendover, but just my opinion.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I certainly value your opinion and while we may not have the high end feel as Wendover, we don't have the horrible traffic, as well. What this corridor does have, is at least 30 restaurants to choose from, a great regional shoppping mall and a great cinema next to it, and it centally located so that it a quick turn on the interstate and you can be anywhere in Greensboro i n 10 minutes and the Coliseum in less than 3. I hope your wonderful experience out weighs the location for you and we can entice you to come back to our award winning facility. We want you here!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My family just completed a 30 day cross country trip and we stayed in several hotels. This hotel was one of the best! The rooms were clean and modern but most important was the way we were treated by the staff. Everyone went out of their way to make sure that we had a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I just had a 10 day cross county trek and completely understand how great it is to have a hotel that you trust and love. We were happy to serve you and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how happy you were with our customer service and cleanliness. We strive for excellence in all aspects of hospitality and that it why we are an award winning hotel. Come back here if you are ever in the area again!

Safe and happy travels

Reviewed 2 July 2014

There was a rap concert going on at the coliseum, which apparently brought several out of town guest to this hotel. The hotel was great about contacting police to take care of the problems, but we did have to get up at 5:45 every morning and it was a little disappointing to have to deal with this when we were trying to get sleep so my son would be rested for a swim meet. Make sure you check the coliseum calendar if you are going to stay this close. Otherwise great hotel, great location to the aquatic center and coliseum, but a little noisy! Hooters was right next door, but we were not bothered by any noise from this restaurant at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

There was a concert in town that weekend, and we were prepared for it! Unfortunately, you had to deal with the issues that come with that and I regret you had this experience. This hotel is generally so quiet that you wonder where the other guests are at. Please consider us again due to your overall experience, concerts here are very rare and we cater to teams and families generally. I appreciate your feedback, and will share it with my staff.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Let me preface by saying I'm not one to post reviews of my stays throughout my travel. Unfortunately, my recent stay at this location forced my hand. I travel 3 days a week and usually make it a point to stay at Hilton properties. In turn, I consider myself a loyal patron. However, my recent stay at this location forced my hand to evaluate hotel options moving forward.

I was placed in a room right above multiple trash compartments that were serviced at 4:45am. The complimentary ear plugs were not enough.... As a loyal hhonors member, I don't expect much. However, a room away from the 4:45am noise would be something I'd hope they consider for someone that frequents the Hilton establishments.

In short, when staying at this location, be sure to ask for a room away from the trash compartments if you wish to get
a full night's sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014

I am so sorry you had this issue and am surprised because we never had a complaint like this before. The Restaurant is next door, about 100 yards, could it have been their's that you heard? Nontheless, you heard what you heard and I regret that it happened early in the morning for you. A good night's rest is extremely important. Please consider giving us another try, we can place you in another room and see if that works for you. Why would you go to anything other than an award winning property over an easily fixable issue? Call me to discuss further, I really want to help you.