“Excellent customer service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, United States
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I arrived late and missed the manager's reception. I was starving and the lady who checked me in asked if I would like some sushi from the reception. She brought out the plate of sushi and all of the sauces so I could fix a plate. I was so grateful - I was tired after driving and did not want to head back out in search of food. She went above and beyond. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Grab and Go bags are fantastic!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We have a great Team and I'm not surprised about their customer service, we pride ourselves on going over and beyond what you expect from us. I am so glad that you found us to be a wonderful and relaxing property and I hope the rest of your travels are just as rewarding. Come back when you are in the area, we treat you like family!

Karen Grissom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was very inviting! The person at the front desk, Jay was nice and knowledgeable. Check-in was so quick, it was amazing! The room was clean and smelled so nice as did the whole hotel. We had a comfortable stay. The beds although double size, were very comfortable. My only suggestion would be to place a towel hook or rack closer to the shower in the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for a great review. We pride ourselves on our fast and thorough check in process and really try to give you a great stay, overall. With so many mediocre hotels out there, we are an award winning property for a reason. Clean rooms, great customer service and a friendly atmosphere is what we are know for. I think we have rooms with hooks on the wall near the shower, I'm not sure which room you stayed in but will double check because that is a brand standard. Have a good trip and stay with us again!

Holbrook, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel is great - located near many restaurants - easy to find off highway - neat - clean rooms - friendly staff. Sammy at the front desk made me feel very welcome. Had a nice conversation with him. Breakfast was great....room quiet - easy to access internet

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words, they really mean a lot! Sammy is one of my favorite team members because he has such a great attitude all of the time. Everyone here is committed to giving you the best experience, the best value and customer service imaginable, so I'm glad you noticed. Come stay with us again when you are in the area, we want you here!

rural VA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Myself and two friends came to see an event at the Coliseum and stayed here recently. We loved everything about the place. It was close to the venue, decorated nicely as opposed to garish like some hotels, clean rooms, personable staff, etc.

But here's your issue - all 3 rooms face the front of the building and my room was great but two travelling with me were in rooms that had no black out curtains. Two issues with this - at night you cannot have lights on and walk around cuz people could see in thru these rooms because the whole middle of the window area is just sheers. Come early morning when the sun comes up their rooms were flooded with light very early in the day - kind of tough if you want to sleep in past 6am. When we were leaving, we looked up and could see the same issue with other rooms; no lined drapes in the center of the window, sheers only.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
I'm surprised that you had this issue, all of our rooms have black out curtains. I'll double check with housekeeping, but we always have them hanging and sometimes they get stuck behind the curtian. I apologize that you had a problem and glad that the rest of your stay was extremely satisfying. Please consider us again when in the area.

Hollister, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The furniture and beds were well maintained. The room, bathroom and carpet was very clean. My family enjoyed the breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with our stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us and writing a quick review. We are a new property, only opened for 19 months, so our furnishings and decor is very modern and contemorary. I know that most guests love how we look new and we will continue to keep our "newness" because we strive for excellence and want people to know that cleanliness is our priority. I will let my staff know how much you liked our property and thier service. Come back and see us if you are in the Triad area again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms well appointed and immaculately clean, as was the rest of the property, inside and out. Plenty of drawer space. Large breakfast area with plenty of seating for families and singles. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location a short distance from Coliseum and short walk to several chain restaurants. Nice indoor pool, lacking a jacuzzi. Plenty of parking. My one issue, is that because of new local sign restrictions, a little hard to find first time. Easy to miss the low small sign coming off I40, but also access through Hooters parking lot and Meadowview Rd.

Room Tip: This is not a "view" hotel, so room choice is not critical. I was near the elevator and d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
It's so great to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. We love serving wonderful guests such as yourself and appreciate your feedback and time that it takes to write these reviews. I wish we had a jacuzzi, the owners opted out at this property, but it is always an outdoor option I could talk them into. I'm happy that you would consider us again and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Overall our rooms were nice and comfortable. One thing I really enjoyed were the elevators. The elevators were very fast and quiet. Every time we needed the elevator it opened almost immediately after we pressed the button and it didn't groan or creak going up or down. It's a small thing but very noticeable. My main recommendation for the breakfast area is to have two toasters and two waffle makers. Too many people wanted toast or waffles. Cut down on the fruit because not many people were getting the fruit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We try to accomadate as best we can per brand standards and will consider offering two appliances during busy times. I appreciate you letting us know what you think and am glad that you were ovall satisfied and will come bck to our award winning property. We strive for excellence and if we can make your stay better, we will do it!