Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel only one night but I would go back if I needed to stay in Greensboro again.
the hotel is new, well furnished and the service is excellent.
the rooms are elegant and spacious, the bathroom pretty luxurious.
I have no time to use the pool or the fitness center but it's a good plus..
the hotel is close to busy roads, my room was facing one of the junction off I40 so i thought i would need earplug to sleep. it was not the case as you cannot hear any noise coming from the outside or from the corridors.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Karen G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greensboro / Coliseum Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I am so grateful for your wonderful review and appreciate your time in responding. As a well travelled expert, you understand the important aspects of what really matters to a guest and it appears that we met all of your expectations and more. We give great customer service (Hamptonality), elegant surroundings and decor', hot breakfast buffet (FREE) and our cleanliness is amazing. I'm so happy that you didn't have noise issues, either, our rooms are quieter than most properties. If you are in the area, please make sure you stay with us again. You should stay with the best and we want here!

Yours in Hospitality,

Karen Grissom

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We specifically requested a room away from the highway because we are light sleepers, especially my husband. We were assured hat even though our room faced the highway it would be quiet. The noise of motorcycles winding out from Hooters next door until about 11 was dreadful. We will not return.

• Stayed: August 2014

I'm sorry you had this experience due to our neighbors, this is a rare occurance and as with any hotel with restuarants next door, it happens sometimes. I'm surprised that you will not give our award winning property another chance and hope you change your minds, our rooms on the highway side are surprisingly quiet due to the vtac air system being internal in the rooms.
Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate your opinion.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was more than pleasantly surprised when I arrived in Greensboro to see the lovely inviting Hampton Inn & Suites. This hotel is less than 2 years old and is extremely nice. The lobby is contemporary and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful too. The room was actually much nicer than some of the more expensive hotels that I have stayed in and had a mini refrigerator and microwave -no extra charge. The icing on the cake was the free breakfast - (full breakfast) and the cookies in the lobby at afternoon time. Oh, also one morning upon leaving out they also had breakfast lunch bags for those of us on the go that missed the regular breakfast..I could not have asked for more...Teri

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow! What a great review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our award winning property and had such a great experience. We work very hard to give you value for your stay so we offer all of the great amenities FREE that you mentioned because we know how travelling can be stressful and expensive. We are a "high end" hotel without the "high end" cost! Come back and stay with us when you are in the area agian, we want you here!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

On a scale from 1-10 I give it 9 only a nine because of the internet that was provided was not all that great! It was spotty and when I was using the wireless internet it was lagging. But the beds were clean along with the bathroom. Oh yeah...I asked for extra towels when I booked the room online and I had more than plenty when I checked it. Grade A service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate your time in writing your review, we need this type of information. We have expanded our bandwidth, that's the good news regarding the internet. AT&T is our provider and they were having issues in the area when you were, here so I do apologize for that. I'm glad that our customer service and amenities helped to smooth things over and you enjoyed your stay overall! Try us again when you are in the area, we want to prove that we are worth your patronage and the value you are getting.

Safe and happy travels,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Had a two night stay here. Really friendly staff who were eager to help. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and nicely appointed. Breakfast area was bright and open, with a different menu both days. Will stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I'm so excited that love our hotel! We are blessed and grateful to be serving the Greensboro area and especially wonderful guests like you. Our breakfast is amazing, isn't it? We change up the hot items everyday so that there is variety and the yummy belgian waffles are to die for. We are going to start offering toppings, as well, so be looking forward to that. Hilton does a great job to ensure that we have heart health options, fresh products and new ideas constantly. I appreciate your review and hope to see you again here soon, we want you staying with the best!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is an average Hampton Inn. The room was amazingly small for a Hampton, rather dark, and its new bloom was beginning to fade--dings on the furniture, scuff marks on the walls, stain on the rug. Housekeeping needs improvement. Front desk staff was pleasant. The hotel is located next to interstate 40, the Super 8 and Red Roof hotels. Neighborhood establishments also include a Hooters restaurant, a hub cap shop and a couple pawn shops in the vicinity, if frequenting those businesses is your cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Oh my, you failed to mention all of the other great properties around us like the wonderful Doubletree by Hilton and Sheraton convention center, the Regional Mall Four Seasons with plenty of great shopping and the other 20 or so restaurants such as the Bonefish Grill, Carrabas, Olive Garden, etc. We are always improving our award winning hotel and I apologize that you got a room that we have yet to do Maintenance on, not an excuse, but we are constantly sold out so it is hard to get painting done when our occupancy is is consistantly 80% or higher due to our popularity. Come back and try us again, our bloom is not fading, it's getting better!

Safe and happy travels,

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels I have been to. The rooms are very clean and smell absolutely great when you walk in the room. The decor is modern and just beautiful! The location is convenient. I will be coming back when I visit Greensboro again. Thank you for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here and were obviously "wowed" by our property. As an award winning hotel, our goal is to treat you like family and give you the best experience while you are here. The decor' is so important to us, setting us apart from others as a higher fashion, corporate property. I'm glad you apprecaite it!
Keep staying with us, we want you here!

Yours in Hospitality,