“Limited attractions but still fun”

Celebration Station
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My son wanted to go to Celebration Station for his birthday, which is in early March. But he wanted to go when the weather was warm. So he waited until late June so we could go on a Tuesday, when they only charge $12 for all day passes. So just to clarify: An 8-year-old held onto his birthday money for almost four months to go to Celebration Station!

We'd never been but see it as we drive past on I-40 regularly. They first went for the bumper boats. We got there early, so not a long wait. After a couple goes, they were ready for the Go-Karts. My son was too short for the big ones, my daughter (12) too tall for the little ones, so they had to part ways. They both enjoyed the karts, though the wait for the big ones was very long. I think for every time my daughter got to ride the big ones, my son got three rides on the little ones.

When we broke for food, we ordered a couple personal-sized pizzas and a pitcher of soda. They got both pizza orders wrong. My daughter wanted a Hawaiian (offered as pepperoni and pineapple) with sausage instead of pepperoni. She was very clear that she doesn't like pepperoni. I ordered a custom pizza with pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, and jalapenos. Her's came out a regular Hawaiian (pepperoni) and mine came out as pepperoni and onions.

When I noted the error, they were very apologetic and immediately took them back and correct them. The gentleman (who may have been the kitchen manager) indicated there had been confusion about the orders. While we waited the extra time, the kids played in the arcade, so they didn't care in the least that we had to wait longer. When the food came, it was very good. Some of the best restaurant pizza I've had, actually. The crust was good, sauce not sweet, toppings abundant and well-distributed. Though it was $10, I believe, for personal-sized. So a bit expensive for what it was.

All-in-all, we were there for about five hours and the kids could have probably stayed for five more. However, the afternoon storms started, so I used that as an excuse to head home!

3  Thank LT23NC

Reviewed 1 July 2014

First off, I hate writing bad reviews as many things can go wrong without the knowledge of the owners, however there were so many things wrong during our visit.. We had a large group visiting and purchased a "time slot" of two hours of unlimited use of Bumper Boats, Go-kart Track, and Putt Putt. While the table area was set up for our group, due to lack of additional preparation, we had to wait almost 30 mins to get our wrist bands. (Again we only had 2 hours) We finally were given our wrist bands and headed out.

The Go-kart was shut down with "unknown" repair time. The teens running this attraction were a little too happy that it was currently out of operations. So we headed to Putt Putt area.

The putt putt area had 2 courses to choose from. Each had some pretty neat holes however many of the mats were missing, the cups at end of putting green had exposed jagged and broken cups, and the many of the decorations were broken or in a state of needed repair. This area could be outstanding with some minor fixes.

Bumper boats. Some of the boats shot a direct stream of water while others shot up in the air. Thus a few people had the ability to soak others while the majority shot clear across the boating area.

Once Gokart area was up and running again, there were so many ADULT COUPLES using the family line to by pass waiting. ARE YOU SERIOUS. This should not be condoned. If you don’t have a kid rider - this is ridiculous that you can do this. First off this thing is a total accident waiting to happen. The loud speakers say "No aggressive driving" Tell that to and then enforce that on the hormone enraged teens driving. I was spun out twice due to teens purposely blocking then turning me. Not to mention - the tire debris on the actual course is insane. You are constantly hit in the face with tiny pieces of tire. ALL RIDERS SHOULD SIGN SOMETHING - maybe that would hit home that a simple accident could cause serious damage to persons and property.

I'm not sure how this can be fixed. But if you are going to visit this place, try to go at a time where kids are in school or first thing when they open. Or dont go at all for your own safety - Teens managing other teens doesnt work. Familys taking smaller kids - if you see the place packed with teens LEAVE. Come back a less crowded time if you want to have a decent experience.

We did not use game area so I cannot review.

2  Thank MazieMae
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went here on a field trip and it wasn't very crowded. Their pizza was alright, and their arcade games were amazing. After playing some arcade games, I went to the go-carts to find an extremely long line waiting for me. I had to wait an hour, but it was well worth it.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Paid 57.00 for go cart rides but they took forever to get us on the ride . We had to wait while staff was poorly dressed, very slow. They just sort of stood around looking puzzled as to handle the customers. They stopped the ride for over 30 minutes for some reason, without explanation. As the line got longer they got slower. They had extra carts sitting there but didn't use them. Much time was wasted waiting to get on ride. If we had not been waiting so long we would have left. Clean clothing and better efficiency would help them a lot. I cannot recommend this place.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This place is super duper expensive when you consider other options for family fun. I spend more on tokens for a cheapy prize than is even remotely worth the funds it took to get it. Children are left unsupervised and act rude and unruly

1  Thank Mommyjojo2004