“Game Day!”

Ham's Restaurant
Ranked #563 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
High Point
“Game Day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Went by to watch Georgia Tech and South Carolina football, Lots of TV's big,and small, Updated menu from the last time I was in And that was an improvement, More choices , service is better, Cleaner overall,still can do better, food was good for the type Restaurant (sports bar/Tavern/Grill)

Visited September 2013

Raleigh NC
“Sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for a cold drink on a Tuesday only to find it burger night. $2.99 for a burger and side which is normally $7.99. The burger was good and the beer was cold. I didn't notice other nightly specials but if in in Greensboro on a Tuesday I will stop again.

• Visited September 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Very Cool outdoor area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The outdoor area was great to sit and enjoy a drink by the fire and watch tv. Food looked good would recommend and will return

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Served the purpose”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stopped at Ham's, while in town for the Jr. Olympics. The location was great, not too far from our hotel. The food was decent. My wife and I had burgers, while the kids had Reuben's... We had one complaint, with a pasta dish, since my mother-in-law is allergic to tomatoes. The manager came out and made sure the order was fixed.
The ambiance was not great, as the place was almost empty when we ate there. Overall, Ham's served our purpose: to get a quick meal before heading back to the hotel for the night.

• Visited July 2013
Oviedo, Florida
“Worst Restaurant Experience in a Decade”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Ham's is a Sport's Bar type place and one would expect that they could do bar food such as burgers and sandwiches. That was not my experience at the Ham's on High Point Road in Greensboro.

My wife, daughter, mother, and I stopped in to meet some relatives who were having lunch there. We decided to get a quick bite too. My wife and I shared a Reuben, mother had the big hot dog, and my daughter ordered the bison burger. My Reuben was marginal with sweet potato fries that had a stale flavor. Mom's hot dog had been around a while and was dry. So far, edible but not enjoyable.

My daughter's Bison Burger was RAW in the middle. Inedible. I'm not talking about red and cool, I'm talking raw with the texture of raw ground beef. Cool and red was near the outer edges. The center had no signs of being cooked at all.

We brought the matter to the attention of the manager (who identified himself as the General Manager) and he said it was ordered medium and that is what we got. He explained that medium rare was "cold red center". I suggested that ground meat should never be served raw and he said that applied to beef and this was bison and he could serve it any way he wanted.

Needless to say I was shocked at the rudeness and arrogance, not to mention the questionable food. I requested my check. The manager guy left the table and the waitress returned with our check and an apology and indicated that the bison burger had been removed. This place is off my list.

• Visited May 2013