“I Want To Love Them......”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rioja! A Wine Bar

Rioja! A Wine Bar
Ranked #140 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Italian, American, International, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina
“I Want To Love Them......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I want to love this place because I genuinely like the people who run it. But it can be quite difficult to get decent service for either just wine or for food. The expanded tapas menu has helped give the food choices more variety. But it still sometimes feels like having customers is not the focus. I go every couple of months to see if things have changed and have to admit I miss the old Wine Warehouse approach.

Visited October 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“comfortable place to hang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

light fare and plenty of wine....the one man (with some occasional help from a woman who would appear now and then) show tends to slow the pace so just relax and enjoy.....something for everyone, at various pricepoints.

• Visited May 2013
“Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

When you go to Rioja expect the service to go at a leisurely pace. The bar is run by one person, who handles the orders and who you pay. Remember that it's a tapas bar, so the food portions are snack size.

I was disappointed to learn that I couldn't use my Groupon when I tried to pay. It was for tapas, but we ordered the tapas and wine pairing, so we couldn't use it.

I went back the following week for lunch and I waited for the place to open. It was supposed to open at 12:00. By 12:20 it was still closed.

My advice is:

1. Don't go if you're in a hurry
2. Go if you enjoy drinking your beverage and eating your tapas at a slow pace. It's a great way to catch up with friends.
3. Don't buy the Groupon. It's too restricting.

• Visited June 2013