“Reel-y Nice Seafood Restaurant”
Review of Reel Seafood Grill

Reel Seafood Grill
Ranked #84 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Reel-y Nice Seafood Restaurant”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

When my husband and I want a casual "date" night, we head to Reel Seafood Grill. The food is consistently good and the staff takes pride in its work.

We just ate there last night and had another wonderful meal. We started with the fried calamari with spicy marinara sauce. The calamari was hot, the coating was fried perfectly while the inside was very tender/not rubbery. The marinara wasn't spicy at all but still tasty.

I ordered the salmon with chinese mustard for my main. My three sides: hush puppies, mashed sweet potatoes and collards. My husband ordered an old staple from the former Bert's Seafood menu, the Tuna Singapore. This dish really packs a wasabi punch which, to some, can be a bit overpowering. Order a side of soy sauce and this will help mellow out the dish.

While Reel is a seafood restaurant, you MUST order dessert. We ordered the white chocolate banana bread pudding and the key lime pie, even though I was stuffed. We polished off the bread pudding and took most of the pie home. Can't wait to eat it for dessert tonight.

This is a small restaurant but you can also eat at the bar. It's a very open space and the noise level can get quite loud but if you want a straight forward meal with good service, cast your fishing pole to Reel. You'll be hooked.

• Visited February 2014

“Great Oysters!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We arrived Saturday night around 8pm and walked right in and were seated as it was mostly empty. We ordered a dozen of steamed oysters that were great and the shrimp rolls which were good and homemade, but on the greasy side. I had the Tuna Singapore which was good but spicy, though the spice wears off quickly. Hubby had the Grecian Swordfish special which also was good but very spicy. Daughter had the trout with citrus salsa which was good as well. The Chocolate Razz martini($5) was great! The sides are great, too!(hush puppies, garlic cheese grits, collards, caesar salad). Food was all fresh! Items were a bit pricey, but very good overall! Will go back again.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Deborah E
Archdale, North Carolina
“Fresh Seafood - even without an ocean nearby!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We've eaten at Reel twice in the last couple of weeks. All seafood was every bit as fresh as any "beach" restaurant- all items were excellent. Some entrees seem a little expensive but most come with 3 side items - salads, starches or veggies among the selection. As others have noted this is a restaurant opened by the former owners of Bert's Seafood Grill. Some old favorites are on the menu & there are plenty of new item as well. The steamed seafood, sesame flounder & Singapore tuna have been standout items. Try to save room for dessert - all homemade. The Key Lime & Coconut Cream pies are the best of these items I've ever had. Service has been friendly, attentive & most importantly (to me) knowledgeable regarding the menu. Yes, as others have mentioned, the menu is on a chalkboard. I personally like this since I would rather stand & look at what's fresh & available instead of a set item list. If you want to know what's going to be available on a given night or if you're too cool to look at the board Reel posts their menu nightly on Facebook.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Caniac97
“Reel Seafood Grill”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My new favorite spot for innovate Seafood cuisine Please try the collards, mussels, great wine list.. small and intimate but the service is very personal. You will not have a bad meal, period.l

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sharon M S
Greensboro, NC
“Food was much better than the setting”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A friend and I were very happy with our food. Her mahi mahi and my salmon were both grilled properly and were moist and flavorful. The Chinese mustard drizzle on my salmon provided a delicious tang. Cheesy grits were as good as any I've had, and the slaw was notable for how cold and crispy it was. Our server was attentive and efficient.

However, if you're looking for a quiet, relaxing meal, this isn't the place. The noise level was so high that we had to occasionally shout at each other to be heard. Our table was a tiny two-top that could barely hold our food and drinks, and it was too close to the neighboring table for my comfort. I never was a fan of having to strain my eyes to see a chalkboard for the menu, either. I'd much prefer a printed menu.

I gave a "very good" rating because the food and service were so good, but I'd give an "average" or less on the setting. I simply prefer a quieter atmosphere and more comfortable seating when I want to enjoy a nice dinner out.

• Visited November 2013