“Average at Best. Food is ok, service not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hooters

Hooters
Ranked #405 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Average at Best. Food is ok, service not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I drove to Greensboro for work without a hotel reservation at all. Therefore, I could not research places to eat near where I was staying on Tripadvisor like I normally do. I had no idea WHERE I would be. This happened to be next door to the Hampton Inn I was staying at. (which was excellent, check out my review of it) This was not a pleasure trip, it was a working business trip. And we work until all hours of the night. So I was beat and took a chance. Just like I usually do in poker, I lost. I seriously suspect I have been to more Hooters restaurants than anyone in the country. I think that might be possible. They actually do have good wings at most locations believe it or not and I am a road warrior.
This is a very large Hooters. Lots of seating. There are also a LOT of TVs so you can see from pretty much anywhere. The location is very close to I40 and easy to get in and out of. Usually at every Hooters I have ever been to... they say "Welcome to Hooters" when you walk in. Well, you can forget that. Expect to be completely and totally ignored by the uninterested and frankly bored looking staff. I sat at the bar. There seemed to be plenty of help vs. the number of patrons. Eventually I tired of the help walking back and forth without even so much as a glance so after however many minutes that was, I began timing it. I feel the need to say at this point because of what this restaurant is that I had not been drinking and therefore was not some obnoxious drooling drunk. After 7 additional minutes, I moved to a more visible location in the middle of the general seating area. Again - I was beat and in no mood to go driving around a strange city at this time of night. So after 7 ADDITIONAL minutes, I finally shoved a stool out in front of a waitress walking by and she had no choice but to acknowledge I existed. I clearly disturbed her program and after a sigh or two she did take my order. I never saw her again until it arrived. I paid and left. The wings were just a tad too greasy (I know fried wings are greasy, I am talking about compared to other fried wings) but the fries were pretty good. I paid a dollar extra for what couldn't possibly have been a tablespoon of cheese dip for the fries. It was a little to go cup that had enough cheese to cover the bottom and just a TINY bit more.
Had I had more time to look for a place to eat, I certainly would have gone elsewhere and I recommend you do the same.

• Visited January 2014

Raleigh NC
“Nice visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This was one of the larger Hooters I have been to. Nothing special. $3.50 for a 25 oz draft. I would stop in again.

• Visited September 2013
Liberty, NC
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We ate on the patio so we could smoke. Food and service were very good. Wait staff was polite and attentive. Will be going back soon.

Visited August 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Absolutely AVERAGE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Late Saturday evening visit, nothing special really here. Food was ok, staff seemed to be zoned out. Visited other franchise stores in other locations and had a much better experience. To compare to like food restaurants in the area, better food at a better price is available elsewhere. Being Saturday night the store showed its wear for the day, wish a little more emphasis on cleaning was on the work order...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ray S
“Best Hooters ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I've been to plenty of Hooters in my day, and I can honestly say the Hooters in Greensboro NC is the best out of all of them, the food was great, i got the shrimp po boy and it was delicious, my waitress was one of the nicest people you would ever meet, and my party was greeted as soon as we entered the door i give the place 5 stars

• Visited April 2013