“Great place for lunch”

Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went to Newk's on the advice of a friend and found it to be a great place for lunch. I ordered a salad and sandwich and was not disappointed. The side salad was large (the meal salads were huge!) and my 1/2 grilled pimento cheese was served on a baguette and was delicious. Staff was friendly and iced tea refreshing.

Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. We find that alot of our business comes from family and friend referrals to our restaurant. Great choice with the pimiento cheese sandwich. Our pimiento cheese is made in house and toasted on our tasty bread that comes straight from New York. WE cant wait to hear about you try next!

Kind Regards,

Marisa Marino
Catering and Marketing Director

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This restaurant has become our go-to place for lunch when we are in the area. The atmosphere is bright and comfortable and the food has always been good. The pesto chicken sandwich is the best, really special! Once we had to wait about 15 minutes for our order to arrive ( not outrageous in our experience elsewhere) but out server apologized and brought us complimentary slices of cake to make up for it. Who does that!?! This is definitely a place to check out when you're at Friendly Center.

I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your visits at Newk's. It is our standard to go above and beyond to make sure each guests leaves satisfied. As for your order taking 15 minutes, that may not sound like a lot to some but to us it is! We strive for 5 to 7 minute ticket times. Producing fresh, tasty food in a timely manner is what we strive for. We cant wait to see you again!

Kind Regards,

Marisa Marino
Catering and Marketing Director

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We met friends here for lunch today and had a decent meal. My wife ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and a side of their Tippah County Caviar (black-eyed pea salad). She said the sandwich was a bit dry but that she would get it again and put more sauce on it. They have a separate stand with complementary sauces, peppers, pickles , grated cheese, etc. She loved the Tippah County Caviar. I got the Italian sandwich which was pretty salty but very tasty. The saltiness comes with the meets that are on the sandwich. There is no way to avoid it. We both agreed that the bread (hoagie rolls) was outstanding as was their service and friendliness. They have a variety of soft drinks and waters, They also have a decent selection of bottled beers - no drafts. I read in other reviews that the contents in the sandwiches were sparse. This was definitely not true in our experience. The sandwiches were very filling. One member of our group asked for a "to go" box to take half of his steak sandwich home.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have given this place several tries along with several of my coworkers.. It is fairly new and with all new businesses are growing pains. I think they have been open about 4 maybe 5 months now. My first visit within a eeek of them opening I was so excited because Friendly Center needed another choice for lunches with a wide variety on the menu. Saw bacon mac n cheese on the menu and again I was excited. Well got my order to go and didn't open the container for the macncheese but it looked right. It wasn't no bacon to be found. Back I went. The server at the counter looked at me with a blank stare, walked away and came back with another person. They directed me to the cold self serve area to get another container. I showed them again that I had asked for bacon mac n cheese, not pimento cheese to be looked at again with a blank stare. Finally a third person heard me over to the side and brought me a container which again looked like mac n cheese, i walked out with it but opened it in the car only to find no bacon again. Went back in, again was handed another container still no bacon, i just gave up. I shared my story with two coworkers who had experienced similar situations of not getting exactly what they ordered. They have also had at least two managers in this short period of time since being open which could be part of the problem. Employees make a big difference if they can't even communicate and understand customer requests it will never be a good experience and I don't need the frustration and won't try again! They have done a great job with having an updated clean environment inside as there were renovations as the location had been empty for a long time. They also have catering available that could be better if handled by a dedicated experienced person.

1  Thank Bankerchic77
Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your experience. It is people like you that allow us to grow as a company and fix any service issues that guests may be experiencing. In regards to the macaroni and cheese mix up, I am not sure as to why this was not fixed your first time back in to change out your item. We do have two types, pimiento mac n cheese with bacon and our traditional four cheese mac n cheese. I ensure you that this mistake will not occur again and all staff will be properly trained on the difference between the two. I hope that you can find the time to come join us again and experience Newk's at its finest. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of further help. (336)338-1704.

Thank you.

Marisa
Sales and Marketing Director

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great variety of sandwiches and salads. Prompt service. Mac and cheese wonderful, even for adults! Pesto grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese scrumptious

Marisa M, Director of Sales at Newk's Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Hi Emilie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your positive experience at Newks Eatery. The mac n cheese has definitely become one of our top sellers and you are right, its great for adults. We are constantly adding new seasonal items to our menu so be on the lookout for those on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NewksEateryGreensboroNc. We look to seeing you and your family next time!