“NC style bbq at its best!”

Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q
Ranked #188 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were on our way to a wedding in NC, heading down I85 and we saw a sign for Smithfield's Chicken 'N BBQ that caught our eye so we stopped for a late lunch/early dinner. It was all very bright and new inside and out. The staff was exceptional and the food was fabulous!! We both had the bbq--hubby had the sandwich combo and I had the bbq platter. As fans of NC style bbq, we thoroughly enjoyed our meals. My platter came with 2 sides and hushpuppies so I chose coleslaw (a must for eating NC bbq) and the potato salad (good but not my favorite). The hushpuppies were amazing and were an extra special treat!! One note of caution: if you order "tea" you are going to get sweet tea so if you prefer unsweetened iced tea, be sure to order it that way!! I love sweet tea and Smithfield's did not disappoint!! There was outdoor seating available and also takeout/drive through ordering. The dining room was quite large and the staff came around a few times to offer drink refills and to see if we needed anything else. Definitely worth the stop!!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Nice new facility with friendly staff and great food. I have on separate occasions tried both the pork and the chicken and enjoyed both. The banana pudding adds a great desert to an excellent meal. I would highly recommend to everyone this location.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The first thing I noticed was the building looked extremely nice and new; for a second I didn't think there was even a drive thru. The place was very clean as well. I ordered the combo platter dark and substituted the cole slaw for baked beans. The chicken was fried nice and crispy, the bbq was flavorful. My only issue is the fact that the potato salad was a bit too mustardy, but that seems to be how all smithfields are. overall very good.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had no knowledge of "Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q" located at 4101 Fernhurst Way, Greensboro,NC 27406. I walked in and IMMEDIATELY greeted with "Welcome To Smithfield's" from Management/Staff...looked at the interior of this restaurant and it is open spaced with 50's memorabilia/music,large plasma tv with sports channel, colorful balloons at front register and then give to children...overall a VERY friendly and inviting atmosphere that is great for families and business meetings!!! The Staff are dressed very professional on a MISSION to please the customers! They are quickly bringing meals and refilling iced tea throughout the restaurant. LOVED the crispy texture of their fried chicken and equally like the taste of their barbeque chicken! Their side dishes are french fries, hush puppies, baked beans,coleslaw and stew. Desserts are limited but tasty("Sara Lee" pecan pie and Bannana Pudding). Their prices for their meals are affordable with a Pleasant atmosphere! Restrooms are VERY CLEAN with the proper air venalation and 50's music playing. I was impressed with the hand washing sink near the front cash register because that saves time for customers to sanitize their hands before they consume their meal. They also cater to groups/events. Finally, this restaurant has outdoor seating with pleasant scenery nearby. "Thank You" for bringing "Smithfield's" to Greensboro,NC!!!