“Nice place to eat.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Ate here today after walking out of Tex and Shirley's. Place serves soup, salad, sandwiches and flat bread pizza. Breakfast foods are available as well. Service was quick, food was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Sunday brunch, indeed any day brunch at Cafe Carolina is enjoyable. This popular venue has a varied menu and service is good. It is busy but there are lots of tables both inside and out. I enjoyed eating there on several ocassions - it's a good place for people watching too because it is used by a wide variety or ages.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Cafe Carolina has something for everyone, with warm, family friendly classy atmosphere - a step up from fast food, with prices that follow. Soups, salads, sandwiches and flatbreads - weekends have quiche, french toast and other favorite brunch items - a place where many gather after church, and enjoy the company of others. The food is good, a step up from fast food, free internet, and free refills on Gold Peak teas (my husband's favorite)...along with yummy sweets, including Gooey Buttercake - a St. Louis regional favorite.....We visit a couple times a month and will continue.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I can't say anything bad about Cafe Carolina but I can't say anything good either. This was our first (and probably only) time there. I guess it's not a fair test because they mostly serve sandwiches, flatbreads, etc and we only had lattes and sweet rolls, but our visit didn't impress us much. Nothing awful.... just not worth repeating. Everything was just... okay. Our lattes were okay, but not hot enough. Our turnover (me) and chocolate croissant (my wife) were okay... but no better than if we had bought a box of them at a Harris Teeter grocery store. The place was clean -- it kind of looked like a Panera's. Except there wasn't much Bakery there. They had maybe a dozen items, mostly muffins. I saw some breads but they weren't really displayed and we couldn't tell if they were for sale or just for their sandwiches. This was no bakery menu board. The menu looked good. They had at least one vegetarian item in every category. All in all --- eh.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I've had eaten at this chain three times since moving to North Carolina. The first time my husband and I split their Chicken Fiesta Flatbread for a light lunch. It was good enough to make us come back a second time. That time, the cream cheese on my blueberry crunch bagel had a slight taste of onion and my husband's ham and cheese breakfast sandwich on sweet potato bread was just plain flat and soggy. The coffee didn't impress me either as it was weak. Still though we came back a third time since the menu really is quite good. Cafe Carolina just doesn't deliver the goods. The final visit made me laugh at their version of French onion soup. It came in a plastic bowl with a few croutons and sprinkles of cheese strewn over the top. At least the caesar salad that came with it was okay, but it would be pretty difficult to mess up a Caesar salad! Whatever variety of panini that my husbad had was dry and overly crusty and lacked flavor.

The third time was not a charm. There are plenty of other places to choose from that serve tastier food than this place.

JeriWB.com Teacher Writer Traveler