“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
District Heights, United States
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Nice hotel with a beautiful lobby. Rooms are spacious and clean. Would stay again and recommend to a friend. Hotel is in a perfect location near eateries and a mall across the street. Close to main highways and easy to find.

1 Thank Lawona G
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Lawona G,

Thanks for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn; I'm so happy to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay and enjoyed our location and spacious guest rooms. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I am not a big fan of Hilton as I've always found that they are more expensive than the quality of product or service delivered. This property separates itself from my experience. When I arrived, there were towels and tissues folded in beautiful and creative ways on the bed and in the bathroom, as well as creative organization of the soaps and toiletries to make me smile. The service at this property was top notch! The windows don't seal very well so it can be noisy making for challenging sleep. The AC thermostat has a backlight that is so bight it lights up the entire room at night and there seems to be no way of turning it off. I taped a coffee cup lid to the unit to cover it and that helped a lot. The place is clean across the entire property and everyone I encountered were nice and seemed to enjoy their job for the most part. This was a refreshing break from my past experiences with Hilton properties, so this place is definitely helping to change my outlook towards Hilton. I'll likely stay there again on my next visit to the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Chuck H,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay - we're delighted to hear that your visit has made you more likely to stay at Hilton properties in the future. Also, we appreciate your other feedback and I will pass your comments on to our staff for further discussion to help improve in the future. Otherwise, I'm glad that our staff was friendly and helpful and you found us so clean. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

Albany, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Though this hotel is laid out just like most Hilton Garden Inns I found the rooms to be very clean and the service from the employees top notch. The hotel is pretty well located (for me) it's not right downtown though, so if this is important you'll want to look elsewhere. I was very happy with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Muffinhead2580,

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you had such a great visit with us. I'm also glad that you found us so clean and our staff very friendly and helpful. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 25 April 2013

the property is conveniently located of 40 with plenty of dining and connivence options nearby. Room was updated, clean and comfortably sized. At check-in, the front desk staff was welcoming and friendly--they even accommodated an early check-in. Thanks!

Check-out was a little more difficult. I originally booked two nights, but completed my business early and had additional travel plans. It was High Point market week, so the reservation required pre-payment. the property was not sold out but the first person at the front desk insisted on charging me for both nights. I had to ask for a manager and point out I was a Hilton Honors Diamond Member before the manager agreed to only charge me for one night. they ended up doing the right thing, but it would have been MUCH more impressive had they simply done it, veruss having to be asked!

Overall, a nice experience and a nice stay.

Dear TravlinMan_12,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hilton Garden Inn. I'm glad you had a mostly great stay, found our location convenient, and everything clean and well-accommodated. I do apologize that it took a bit to resolve your situation during check-out, but am glad to hear it was able to work out for you in the end and will discuss your feedback for the future. If you'd like to speak about it further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, thank you again for the review and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

(434) 822-2161
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Room smelled like urine - once I popped some popcorn in the microwave (which had a dial) it covered it up okay. The hotel was nice enough to open up a window before my arrival. However, it was in the midst of the heaviest pollen season & my allergies acted up quite a bit due to it. Because I knew it was one of the last available rooms when I booked it I chose not to ask for another room figuring I already had the worst one.

Dear Allison W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay - I'm so sorry about the issue you encountered with the smell of the room and we do appreciate you letting us know in order to help improve our service in the future. Next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our staff and we'll do our best to try to accommodate you as best we can and as you deserve as our guest. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please get in touch with me at the number below. Again, I apologize and hope you will consider giving us another chance on your next visit to Greensboro.

(434) 822-2161
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2013

stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Greensboro for a Women's Conference choosing this hotel from a list provided by conference organizers. Hotel clean with nice finishes, furnishings. Bed very comfortable, pillows were dreamy. Would definitely stay at Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear CN4HIM,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed the conference and am glad to read that you had such a comfortable visit. We appreciate the recommendation as well and look forward to your next stay!

ontheroadagn7
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have stayed here about three times, but this is my first review. I try to stay at Hilton properties and for some reason this one is always about $30-40 cheaper than the nearby Hampton Inns so I've chosen it for that reason. I get free breakfast through Hilton so that aspect was a wash in comparison to the Hampton (actually a HGI breakfast is better than Hampton's due to having a server and omelette cook, etc...)

The title of my review about good local knowledge is based on a couple of questions I had for the front desk. First I asked if Jake's Diner (about a two minute walk) was good. They assured me it was and I had a good dinner there. Then the next morning I had to print some things at FEDEX Office/Kinkos and I called down to ask where it was. I was told how close it was and given directions there. I can't tell you how frustrating it is sometimes when I'm trying to find something and the front desk folks have no clue where the basic things are in the neighborhood.

I had a fair amount of work to do (including printing some things) and I used the business center remote printing function from WIFI. I haven't used that very often but it worked well. One of the printers ran out of paper so I had to borrow some from another printer in the center, so maybe a quick monitoring of that sort of thing from time to time would keep the printers well stocked.

On my morning of check out I went down to breakfast with about 15 minutes until it closed. I still got attentive service, fresh, hot eggs, and didn't feel rushed. In fact, the server came over and asked me if there was anything else I'd like for breakfast before they started cleaning up. That rarely happens when I'm traveling around.

This is a good, central location. I also did some shopping at the CVS just up the street.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear ontheroadagn7,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel and we appreciate you staying with us on multiple occasions. I know it can be tough to get around in an unfamiliar area so I'm very glad to read that our staff has been able to help you out with local restaurants and suggestions for your business needs. I'm also happy that you enjoyed our service while eating in our Great American Grill restaurant. We appreciate your feedback regarding our business center as well. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to your next visit!