“Nice place to stay but not sleep”

Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel was very nice. The pool is heated. My room was very nice and cleaned very well. My only complaint is that the mattress is very cheap or very worn. You sink down in the mattress and sleeping was not good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Anniea H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay - while we're glad you found us so clean and enjoyed our indoor pool, I do apologize that the quality of your sleep fell short of your expectations. We offer adjustable mattresses and in the future our staff would be more than happy to help you to adjust it to your comfort. If you'd like to discuss further, please reach out to me at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another opportunity in the future to give you a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I am very disappointed in the GM Sandi Ellis, my reservations were canceled due to negligence on the part of the GM and her attitude & demeanor were not professional at all. There were no attempts to contact me via telephone and I received an email of my cancellation on the very last day. This is a beautiful property; however the senior management could use some customer service lessons.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

We're so sorry for any inconvenience you encountered and would like to make this right. Please reach out to me at the number below and I would be happy to discuss your experience further. We will use your feedback in order to provide the best guest service we can and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I'm really happy with the Hilton on this trip. It appears to be a remodeled place, but the fact that I can't say for sure tells you it's quite nice.

Adjustable beds (pressure), nice furnishings, granite (or maybe faux??), and the lobby are all great. There is also a lobby bar which is great considering these places don't seem to have them much these days.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear LfeisGood,

Thanks for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn and I'm glad to read you had a great stay, as well as that you enjoyed our amenities and on-site restaurant/bar. We hope to see you for another visit soon! Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I did enjoy staying at this hotel however, I am kinda disappointed due the new front desk staff was confusing in between ADA Kit and Room issues after I just spoke to the General Manager, Cindy about this issue. I also feel badly that Cindy did not send me compensate but I do understand that I believe it was my fault that I did not ask to Michael, overnight Front Desk Staff about request ADA Kit but, I thought Renee, Front Desk Staff told me this hotel is not provide ADA Kit and she only aware that this hotel is not provide ADA Kit and I found out that she is a new front desk staff. I am a Gold Hilton Honors Member and they did aware about I am on the Gold VIP Hilton Honors Member level and they did give me bottle waters and breakfast coupon at check-in. I also forget inform to Cindy, General Manager about the garden bed adjustment seems not really working well and I did try each firm, soft, etc and I feel all these levels are the same. Renee told me that it has a manual how to use it and I did not see instruction manual how to set it up. :( I hope Mr. Amick can help me out resolve this issue for me. Please let me know what you do think. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Robert Y,

We always try our best to accommodate all of our guests, so while you had a nice stay overall, I do apologize for the inconveniences you ran into. I would like to resolve this matter to your satisfaction, so please give me a call at the number below and I will be happy to discuss your visit further. We appreciate your feedback as we aim to provide the best training we can for our staff. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with your more in-depth. We hope to see you the next time you're in Greensboro.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My son and I traveled to Greensboro for a track meet. I chose the hotel and the location based on its proximity to North Carolina A&T. I called before I booked the hotel and I spoke with a nice gentleman on the phone, who assured me the area was safe with access to shopping and restaurants 5 miles each way. We needed an early check-in and they were able to accommodate us. I was not sure if I should upgrade and include the breakfast and the staff was nice to help me choose a better rate to include breakfast. The hotel was clean, nice, and roomy. The bathroom was large and a nice size. The breakfast was good with a cook to order omelet. There are so many restaurants and shopping within 5 minutes of this hotel...and even some walking distance. The restaurant also had food, however, due to training and eating limitations, we chose to eat out. They have a coffee and tea station that was available all day, and since it was rainy, it was nice to come in and have a hot beverage. The location and the hotel was everything that we needed and more. It was not far from the airport either. When we checked out, the front desk staff asked us "how was your stay?"...This was just a fraction of the great customer service they offer here. I would recommend for someone to stay here. We stayed 4 days and 3 nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Shawn J,

Thanks for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn; I'm happy to read you had a great stay and hope all went well with the track meet! We pride ourselves in providing great service and it's great to hear you felt so welcome and that our location was great for your needs. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Greensboro!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is located in a great area where there are lots of restaurant choices. Staff very friendly. Room very clean, abundant towels. There is no complimentary breakfast, but a buffet at about $10 per person. We elected not to do that, but went to a Starbucks close to where we had a meeting scheduled. Did not get college visit rate because of a special event going on. Parking near building is limited, and I was a little worried about the security in parking lot and my car. Nothing happened, however. Could see where traffic around commuting hours could be a little congested. Still easy access with traffic lights. Really impressed with Greensboro overall. A nice city!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear 61Dianne,

Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed visiting Greensboro and had a great stay with us! We appreciate your high ratings and hope you will come back and see us soon - thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The staff was nice and the room was clean. The air conditioning did not function properly and made sleeping difficult. The breakfast is not included with the room and is rather expensive. Unless you are very hungry and have a lot of time it is not worth the $10 per person.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David S K
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear David S K,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While I'm glad to read you had a clean stay and found our service friendly, I do apologize for the inconvenience with your AC unit - please don't hesitate to let our staff know if you have any issues in the future and we'll do our best to accommodate you. If you would like to speak more about your stay, please don't hesitate to give me a call at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity on your next trip to Greensboro to provide an excellent stay.