“Great staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Front desk staff is amazing! So friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. And for those who complained about the firmness of the bed, most of the beds have a dial on the side to adjust the firmness. I found the bed quite comfortable.
The housekeeping staff still seems to be an issue - as noted in other reviews. While the room did seem clean there were little inconsistencies which I would think should be on a standard checklist. I had to leave a note to get regular coffee in my room - when I arrived there was only decaf. So then they left coffee but did not replace the creamer. Again, I would think a standard checklist for what to leave in each room might help with some of the housekeeping issues.
When I arrived my air conditioning was not working at all. After calling the front desk, maintenance was there within minutes and got it running. The room never seemed to cool down completely but it is July in the South and I am on a higher floor. I will say I wish the housekeeping staff had left the curtains closed (I had left them closed) which might have helped keep the room cooler.
Overall the stay was good. Maybe not quite as wonderful as I expect from HGI but I would probably stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Odd # rooms face a very brightly lit street (restaurants with neon signs). If light bothers you ask...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kerry D,

Thanks for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn - I'm glad to hear you found our front desk staff so friendly and that our maintenance team was able to quickly correct the issue with your AC unit. However, I do apologize that our housekeeping team missed a few things and will pass your feedback onto our management team to help improve our service. Otherwise, I'm glad to hear you plan to stay with us again during a future visit to the area. Please reach out to me if you'd like to discuss anything else; thanks again for your review!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here and was very impressed! This is a great facility. The staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. It is located in a great spot. It was minute from everything I needed do and see. They had lemonade out in the afternoon and that is a nice touch, especially on a hot day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Greensboro. GREAT HOTEL! Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel and staff were wonderful. The dining room was spotless. The food was great both breakfast and diner. Our stay was just overnight but it was a very pleasant experience. Even though we did not use the pool or workout room they were very clean and well kept. The lobby was spotless as well. The outside of the hotel was clean of trash and well kept also.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Gayle R,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are excited to hear you had an excellent stay and found us so clean! It's also great to read you enjoyed dining in our restaurant. Thanks again for your praise and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is one of the Best Hotel and Service I received in a long time. All the guest was so friendly and supportive. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. A must stay hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Darleen W,

Thank you so much for your high praise for our staff; we're delighted you had a great visit! We really appreciate your 5-star ratings across the board and are excited to hear you plan to recommend us to your friends and family. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait for your next tay!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I traveled with my 2 year old little girl. The staff was so friendly with her she cried when we left. The rooms are so comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and the price was great. We liked this hotel so much we booked again for the next week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Robin R,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay - we're delighted you enjoyed it so much you plan to return soon! I'm glad to hear our staff was able to make your daughter feel at home and we're thankful for your 5-star ratings across the board. Thanks again for your comments and we can't wait to see you!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for 11 nights and could not ask for more helpful front desk and entire staff. The breakfast crew was awesome! We had a large business group stay and the entire staff was on top of everything!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Morgan M,

Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn - I'm delighted to hear you found our staff excellent and we appreciate your kind words! We hope to see you the next time you're in the Greensboro area. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The staff, rooms and friendly atmosphere allowed us to relax and enjoy our son's wedding gathering. The lobby served as an evening meeting place and the restaurant breakfast allowed us to all visit before we departed the day after the wedding. Our wedding stay was pleasurable and full of many fond memories including our time at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear gloriaj0,

Thank you for reviewing our Hilton Garden Inn & congrats on your son's wedding! I'm glad to hear we were able to easily accommodate you and the rest of your guests and that you made many great memories. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Triad area!