“Interesting concept”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport
Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am, and have been the top tier Hilton member for over 10 years. This is the first time that I have stayed at a Home2 property. I am a bit leery of "green" hotels - usually that is a euphemism for overpriced and uncomfortable.

This hotel is a bit odd for the American market. It feels very "European" in that is has bright colored walls, very basic "Ikea" type furnishings - the entire wall is covered by a "closet" with a shower curtain, a desk, the TV, another desk, and the kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, sink and refrigerator.

The room is comfortable but in contrast to other Hilton properties there are only 2 pillows on the bed, the bathroom only has shower gel and shampoo from a dispenser in the shower (no tub and not little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion). A "suite" means that here is another shower curtain separating the bed from the sofa. The carpet is very thin pile and there is lots of tile - again, somewhat European.

Cleaning is a bit less than other Hilton properties but I don't have any real complaints.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

A positive is that there are more plugs throughout the room that I have ever seen at a Hilton property.

Nothing wrong with this hotel - just a bit different from other Hilton properties.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Home2Greensboro, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

You are right our hotel was designed to be very modern and appeal to the modern day travelers needs. Every room that we offer at our hotel is a suite because they have kitchenettes in them and not because the divider curtain we offer to separate the room. We do have rooms that have tubs. Also we do offer complimentary soap and conditioner which is available at the front desk. there were more pillows in the drawers in your room if you were interested in having more pillows on your bed. We are here to help your experience feel like home so any questions or requests you had we would have been very happy to assist you with them.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Prior to my stay here I was not excited about staying at any hotel. I have to say that the staff impressed me so much, I remember by name: Nicole, Bernard, Tiffany, Lavell, sorry to the rest of the staff I want to talk about the next best thing to being home. That is a beautiful clean modern home away from home. That's what I experienced. I will look first for a Home2 suites by Hilton before making any travel arrangements. Thanks everyone for everything. Elaine

Room Tip: The first floor rules!❇❇❇❇❇❇❇
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Home2Greensboro, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello Ms. Elaine,

We are very excited that we were able to change your mind about staying at hotel. We strive to please every guest that walks through our even if they are not staying with us. I will follow up with these guests to make sure they know their hardwork has not gone unnoticed. Thanks for putting us on your favorite list of hotels where you enjoy staying. We look forward to your return on your trip to the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a new facility. Great place!! Very clean and Excellent Staff. I will stay again if they have hotels where I am going. We were traveling with twins and the suite allowed us plenty of room for 2 portacribs and walking room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I am glad that you enjoyed the Home2 brand made by Hilton. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us when you are in the Greensboro Airport area.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I absolutely love this place. Last week was the first time I stayed here. The hotel staff is very helpfull especially Bernard who manages the front desk in the evening. The rooms are modern and the hotel still smells like new. Stainless steel appliances and nice soft sheets. The hotel is very "green" which I absolutely love. I love the place so much that I've convinced ten of my co-workers to move over here from the Hilton. I also stayed at another extended stay which shall remain nameless and Is directly across the street from this hotel. I was not as happy with the front office staff nor was I impressed with the rooms. The only drawback is that the breakfast is not as good as the "other" place and you will not find happy hour here. I'm ok with that actually. Two BBQ girls are in the back so my co-workers and I are planning a BBQ this weekend.

Room Tip: For me the best tip is to stay away from the elevators, stairs and stay on the top floor if you are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

It is good news to hear that you enjoy our hotel. Thanks for referring your co-workers to come stay with us also. I will let Bernard know to keep up the good work because our guests are noticing it. Hopefully your BBQ will be a blast and you and your co-workers have so much fun that you feel free to be you. We look forward to helpingyou and your co-workers out to accommodate you guys in anyway we can.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Love the concept and the bed is the most comfy in the Hilton brand. Internet is good and TV is excellent. New property with the most basic of breakfast, even Hampton has a better selection. Very clean good size gym and small pool. plenty of parking and excellent staff. Room did not look vacuumed or counters wiped. overall another good stay. I'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Home2Greensboro, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again. I am glad you enjoyed the ammenities we offer here at Home2. I have followed up with the appropriate department to assure that you do not feel like your room was not as cleaned as you had originally remembered it to be. Once again thank you for choosing our brand location and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was my first time at a Home2 Suites, which is a little surprising considering how many times I stay at a Hilton property. The hotel and rooms have a contemporary feel to them, and have a kitchen. I also noted that they had a couple gas grills in an outdoor seating area - I wonder if all H2S have these? Anyway, the property was clean, convenient to the highway and price was fair. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

2  Thank Harry R
Home2Greensboro, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the design layout of the rooms and that you felt some thing more than you just being at a hotel here at our property. The grills are at every home2 property. Hopefully you will be staying with the home2 suites every time there is one in the area that you travel. Look forward to having you stay at our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was by far one of the better hotels I have stayed at, we were in town for a soccer tournament and there were a ton of kids in the hotel. The staff handled perfectly. The outdoor grill use was perfect, we didn't even have to go out to dinner both nights we stayed there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Michael B
Home2Greensboro, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. Hopefully you will return to our hotel on your next tournament or on your future family travels.