“What an outstanding hotel! Impressed and that's saying something” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport

Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Gloucester, Virginia
“What an outstanding hotel! Impressed and that's saying something”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

The room and price is EXCELLENT. The room boast a queen bed and queen sofa bed: spacious with small kitchenette... NICE NICE refrigerator and freezer. Roomy bathroom and IMMACULATE! A desk space and luggage space ... I would love to have this as a guest suite in my house... not your typical hotel layout at all! Can I please take it home! I come to Greensboro every August for a 4 day convention. I will be making this room my "book way ahead" room for next year.
The staff is SOOO nice. The pool is nice, fitness room is 24/7, The room is stocked with dishes & so forth. Oh...the motorized blinds were amazing. I want them in my house!
Can I just say, I love this hotel... it's probably in the top 3 of business trip hotels that I've stayed in. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Free wifi if you are a Hilton Honors member. which I am... : Room 201 rocks! AC is wonderful. Ca...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Home2Greensboro, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Terry,

Your comments were shared with all our staff and it really made their day. I’m glad you liked every aspect of the Home2 brand. We take pride in educating our guests on what Home 2 has to offer and I’m glad you paid attention to every detail. If you need to make a reservation please email me personally so that room 201 is available. Raven.Boykin@Hilton.Com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Nicole and entire staff were super kind and helpful. Rooms were perfectly clean, cutting edge, and comfortable. The whole facility has been maintained very well, and I will definitely be staying here each time I'm in town. Favorite hotel of 2014

Stayed August 2014
Mr Canaan,

I’m so delighted you named our hotel best of 2014. I know this brand alone is very unique to the Hilton Brand. Furthermore we would like to thank you for taking the time out to write us a review about your recent stay, we really appreciate that, not to mention checking you in was even more exciting. The next time you are in town please stay with us again.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice new hotel...but is seems plastic, and trying too hard to be modern and different. From the strange entrance (on the side - not the front or back) to the primary colors, to the work-stations in the lobby it almost felt like I was back in college. Not a bad thing but not a good thing either. So who is Hoe 2 suites after? The road warrior or the college student? And which one of those needs to travel with his dog (because pets are always welcome). Not too sure about this place. Clean - yes, friendly - yes (as long as you are OK with minimal cleaning while you are there - full cleaning once a week), ready to cater the experienced traveler - not quite.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Home2Greensboro, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to give us your valuable feedback. We are the newest Hilton Extended Stay concept, however, we cater to all travelers and welcome people from all walks of life to stay with us. Yes, we even allow those furry, four-legged family members to stay with us for a nominal daily pet fee as we understand they are an important part of the family too. We're all about being connected, being eco-conscious, and being the kind of place you can kick back and be yourself. So whether you're looking to unwind or power up, if you're on your own or with family and friends, Home2 Suites is more than just another place to stay. IT'S YOUR HOME2. Hopefully in the future you can give us another chance to show you just what we're all about.

Raven Boykin
Operations Manager
Mt. Vernon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bed was uncomfortable. Could not adjust heat/AC to a good temp, either too hot or too cold. Noisy, could hear everything from rooms above and beside. handle fell off sink day one. Door would not lock, just a slight push and it would open, maint did not come to fix it until day of departure. Breakfast was horrible. Worst hotel stay I've had in years. was expecting so much more from a brand new facitliy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

2 Thank James A
I'm sorry to hear that your recent stay at our property was not up to par. We strive to make sure that all of our guest have a pleasant stay, and even offer our signature Home2 Guarantee. Thank you for your valuable feedback which I will share with the team so we can work on areas to further improve our service. Hopefully you can give our hotel another chance so that we can make it right and restore your faith in Home2 Suites Greensboro.

Raven Boykin
Operations Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel is accessed off a major highway ie a block or two away and we had no traffic noise. I believe this property may have been some other brand that was refurbished as a Home2 Suites. It's clean, the colors are bright and our regular room was fine except for the in-house noise. I could hear every conversation, television, door opening and closing etc from rooms on both sides of us. Thank goodness they weren't large families.

We did not have a full stove but cook tops are available. The large refrigerator was nice and the microwave. I didn't think much of the food selection choices at their "store". We were very cold with the main AC set too low even for us Charlestonians and after shutting ours off what seeped in from the hall kept the room around 70. The public areas were also quite cold.

Breakfast was typical of the better buffets in this price range. There was a nice mixture of frozen fruit to add to whatever you'd like along with granola, nuts, raisins, banana chips. A waffle maker and some breakfast sandwiches like Jimmy Dean sausage and egg to heat up in the microwave. The breakfast area like the rest of the hotel was very clean.

Everyone was quite nice. The pool, exercise room and patio seemed to be in use by various guests. Unfortunately we didn't have time to test them out.

This hotel ended up being quite a distance from the city for our purposes but that wasn't their fault. If you needed to be in downtown Greensboro I would highly recommend booking something closer.

Parking was free and adjoining the hotel with a convenient covered area to drive up to, check in and unload your bags.

We've stayed in Home2 Suites before and they are dependably the same everywhere although I've never heard as much room to room noise as in this one.

Home2 Suites are quite accommodating for persons with disabilities and try to cover as many bases as possible. Just the effort they put forth is admirable.

Room Tip: Traffic noise is not a problem and I have no idea how you can cope with in-house noise or if it is e...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Home2Greensboro, Front Office Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Gallaghers Traveler,

I am so sorry you did not get the experience that you were expecting. Home 2 is a new brand for Hilton and is very different from any other hotel. Our property is brand new and just opened in March. We can see you travel often and you know what you expect from a hotel. The noise level is normally minimal; however during your stay we had a sports team in house. Hopefully next time you come to Greensboro, you choose to stay with us again; we hope to be much more accommodating.
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is one of the cleanest most beautiful hotels I have been in for the money. The staff was like family!! I am disabled and my husband had a job there for a month. I would never stay anywhere else!! Crystal, Raven, Bernard, Brittany......I could not have done this without you guys. Every day I was checked on! They made me feel so at home that we wanted to move in forever!!! I have never seen a hotel room sooooo large! You guys will always be family to us and the next time we are in Greensboro have our room ready for us because no other hotel will do!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Mrs. Carcueva

Where do I begin.... Tracey you were more than just a guest to us you are now a part of our Home2 family. I’m glad you had an amazing stay. The staff appreciated you just as much. Crystal and I look forward to visiting you and your husband in Jacksonville. We can have another girl’s day. LOL Guests like you make us love the hospitality business. Please keep in touch and stay beautiful!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I have an extended stay and found all staff members to be very professional and courteous. Bernard is away make my stay welcome. Tina and Anita has been excellent. I would recommend the hotel to all my friends and corporate partners.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Mdavis2509,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Our staff takes great pride in their work and we appreciate when it gets recognized by a seasoned traveler. I will pass on your wonderful comments with Bernard, Tina, and Anita. We hope to see you soon.