“GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF!!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This hotel is a definte gem in this busy city!! Although the hotel is located right off of Wendover, which by the way is a busy to say the least part of Greensboro, it is so quiet and very nice. The staff could not be nicer and a special shout out to Michelle which is always nice and has a great smile on her face!! I use to be a die hard fan of the Doubletree but after visitng here one time because the Doubletree was very overpriced I was hooked. From the moment I stepped into the guestroom! The beds are wonderful, rooms clean, and a great value! Breakfast is also included as well as a very nice pool/whirlpool area and nice outdoor patio with singing birds and fresh air. All of this for a low AAA rate of $85.00 per night. You can't beat it. The value is great!! The only drawback that I have found is that if you are a smoker and unfortunately I am, you do have to go outside no smoking in the entire building! However they do have the really nice patio which is just off the main lobby and can be accessed 24/7 with key card. I really do enjoy this hotel often when I am in Greensboro and hope you will give it a try. Not too many reviews on it I do not see-I don't understand why?

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor-Hotel only has 1 elevator!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2011

Rodney 1991,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to have you as a guest in the hotel and a member of our Marriott family. Michelle is definitely an asset to our team. I will personally pass on a congratulations to her and a high five for a job well done. Thank you for staying at Marriott.

Reviewed 12 March 2011

was not given a king size bed as reserved, room had no desk chair when we checked in, room was not made up after first night and manager lied and said the do not disturb was on the door for the whole day. requested a fridge, was never given a yes or no. came back after dinner on saturday night to relax in the lobby, found some kind of spanish speaking mlm going on in the public lounge. Had a great time here last year, would never come back here again and highly recommed to everyone to find an alternative place to stay

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nicemanct
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Dear nicemanct,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you. After researching your reservation we see you booked the reservation through 1-800 reservations. The room type that you booked was a room with two double beds. We tried to explain this to you at check in. Also when you called reservations at check in, this is what you were told. Unfortunately we did not have a king size room to put you in because of the Mens ACC basketball tournament, which was going on for the week. We do try to upgrade all of our Marriott Rewards members especially our Gold and Platinum guests. But again due to the high occupancy and the hotel being sold out, we did not have a free upgrade to offer you so you could have a room with a microwave and refrigerator. We noticed on your last visit with us in 2010 for the Mens Acc basketball tournament we did give you a free upgrade to one of our king suites, which contained the microwave and refrigerator. This process is based on availability. We try our best to accommodate everyone but only have so many rooms to get this accomplished.

I apologize for the desk chair not being in your room, we were in the process of shampooing and cleaning all the task chairs in the hotel, and the chair in your room had not been replaced at check in.

Please let me explain the procedure most hotels take in regards to rooms with a Do not Disturb sign. What ever time the room is checked in the morning be it 8am, 9am, or in this case 10:30am, the person checking the rooms for the Do Not Disturb Sign does not go back throughout the day to see if the sign was removed. The guest in the room would need to call to the front desk and notify the front desk that the Do Not Disturb sign was taken off of the door and you would like your room to be cleaned. We would be more than happy to fully clean your room for you.

As far as the comment you made about the Spanish speaking meeting in the lobby. We did have two meetings that Saturday. If they were being too loud please let the front desk know that it is bothering you and we can ask them to quiet down. The lobby area is a public space and sometimes our guests like to meet in the restaurant to discuss business. I am sorry that this bothered you.

Reviewed 19 January 2011

I've stayed here before and I completely LOVED it! The staff is just amazing, especially Michelle, Safira and Kimberly! They truly made my stay pleasant. I'm pretty sure I ended up in the same room I was in the last time, which suited me just fine. The room was clean and had everything I needed. The one thing I didn't like was that the water didn't get hot enough the first night, but I suspect that was more to do with the pipes than anything else. I love the girls there; they were just phenomenal - so welcoming and willing to assist. I even watched Michelle deal with someone who complained non-stop and she stayed so calm and professional the entire time. Awesome!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

pt320,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and are excited you where treated like family. We try to make sure Every Guest is treated like we would like to be treated. I will have maintenance look into the situation you had with the water. Perhaps we need to turn our boiler up. Thank you for letting us know. If we did not receive comments like yours we would not know that we are having an issue. We look forward to you returning. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to give me a call. thank you kindly, Michelle said "Well thank you, this is what I do and I try not to let people upset me 99% of the time lol"

Reviewed 2 November 2010

Very nice hotel – clean, modern, and friendly staff.
Limited, but sufficient breakfast included.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

BaydeNoc,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. Room cleanliness is one of our best qualities, and we appreciate you noticing. Our team works very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Our housekeeping staff works diligently each day paying attention to detail. The front desk listens to any comments and concerns each guest may have and makes sure we address them in a timely matter. This will ensure future guests have a more pleasant experience. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next trip to Greensboro.

Reviewed 13 April 2010

I recently stayed overnight for a baseball tournament at this hotel. Our stay was pleasant, the beds were comfortable, and we had everything we needed. The breakfast wasn't bad. They kept the kitchen area well stocked with Jimmy Dean biscuits, cereal, bananas, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, milk/juice. The place was clean and the staff was quick to get us anything we needed. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. Ruby Tuesday next door did an excellent job of accomodating 30 of us unannounced. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words. We do our best to take care of every guest, every day, every stay. I have worked at many Marriott brands in the past and the team at this hotel is one of the best I have experienced. I am glad we could accommodate all of your needs and we look forward to serving you in the future. Go Fairfield Inn Blue :)

Reviewed 11 April 2010

I'm a weary traveler on business (Govt) and just needed a room to stay while enroute to home from business. Called ahead while on the road. They gave me a hard time about the Govt rate since I was a State employee and not Federal. When I arrived, I stated that I wanted to pay cash and not use a credit card and they would not allow it.....It was very frustrating since I'm a Marriott Rewards member and have never had to deal with this before. I went across the street to Comfort Inn with no problems...Thanks alot Marriott. I'll remember this.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank jrae55

Dear jrae55,

I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at our property. We do accept cash at check out, but a credit card is required to check into our location. We will authorize room and tax for your complete stay at check in. Once you check out of our hotel your bank may take up to 7 days to return the authorization to your card. Please contact your bank for details concerning their policy on authorizations being returned and the time limit. (each banks policy can differ) Please contact me directly at the hotel. I would like to discuss future stays at our location with you. being an Elite Marriott Rewards member we would like ensure that you are happy with your experience with us.

Aaron A Simerlink

Reviewed 13 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel due to a wedding in Greensboro. The majority of the guests stayed at another hotel and when I saw theirs, I was so glad we did not go with the crowd. Our room was cleaner, more modern (flat screen TV) and the staff was very nice. I was especially impressed with the continental breakfast since they also had jimmy dean sausage bisquits, and bacon/egg/cheese bisquits - both you heated in the microwave. They also had hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2010

Donna,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continually looking for ways to improve our hotel, and breakfast is one of the continual improvements we focus on. We look forward to meeting your hotel needs in the future.

Aaron Simelrink