“Excellent Place to Stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I had a 3-night stay for business travel. I originally had a 2-night reservation, but came in one night early. I called the hotel a few hours before arrival. They not only accommodated me early, but upgraded my room to a suite. Talk about excellent service! As a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, this is the kind of service hoped for but not always received. Hotel is at an exit with many restaurants and lots of shopping, but is on a "hill" that reduces the noise of the busy exit. I'll stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Good Afternoon Todd,

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy you had a wonderful stay. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me. We appreciate you being a Platinum Marriott Rewards member also.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Nothing fancy here, a clean room that is good for families because it's a pseudo-suite with 2 flat screen tv's. Our thermostat never worked properly but we were too lazy to complain and then move. Breakfast is slightly below average for Marriott, but they do have waffle machines, so no worries there. Pool was nicely kept also. Would return. Recommend as a good value in the area, you can always get a AAA rate here, breakfast always included.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

exNYfamily,

Thank you for your comments. We will be offering hot breakfast this year. Please keep checking back on the status of this. I will have our staff check on the thermostats. We appreciate you informing us. If we did not receive guest feedback we could not excel to meet our guests high expectations.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

As a former Marriott employee, I've always got a different way to eye hotel stays. Fairfield Inn never disapoints! All the folks that I encountered were really nice. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

The G,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next trip to Greensboro.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Greensboro while there for the NC A&T Homecoming. (The weekend of 10/26-10/28/2012). I want to first say what a nice, clean hotel. You can't go wrong in any way. The only complaint I have is they only have one elevator. But who cares when everything else is good. The staff was excellent at the front desk. They were very professional and had knowledge of directions etc... This hotel is very convenient to the Greensboro Coliseum. About 15 minutes I would guess. The rooms are sooooooo clean I almost felt I was at home. This hotel has been maintained very well. They have wi-fi and computer access in the downstairs lobby. A nice work out room and pool. I want to give a Big Shout Out to KIM in the buffet area. You couldn't meet a more nicer person to talk with. I noticed how she kept things tidy and made certain our breakfast buffet was good. This was probably one of the best breakfast buffets I have seen in a long time. You could make waffles, sausage and ham biscuits, bagels, cereal, 4 different juices, teas, breakfast bars, fresh fruit. You name it. Mrs. Kim had it all layed out. And I also want to give a good word on Casandra and Dee. They were very friendly and kept things running smoothly at the desk and tidy around the hotel. Keep up the GOOD WORK! I do plan to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Dallas1552,

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you staying with us. I will let all the associates know you enjoyed yourself and personally recognize the associates you pointed out. We are glad you had an enjoyable time at A&T Homecoming and look forward to you returning next year.

Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Very nice for a Fairfield Inn. I've stayed in the new Fairfields, and this one is an older design, but it is clear this hotel is very well maintained. The bathroom was very spacious, the granite vanity was very nice, towels were fresh, the tub was grime-free, and the toilet was spotless. There were even towels made into swans like at the fancy resorts. The bed offered a very comfortable sleep and the sheets were also fresh and showed no sign of age or wear. Great cable channel selection I've come to expect from Marriotts, the rooms were very quiet. I was delightfully impressed to find cereal options at breakfast included three varieties of Kashi cereal. Finally a hotel offering guests some natural/health food brands. I really enjoyed my experience at this hotel. There was nothing over the top about this hotel, nothing to call home about, but what has me sure to return here again is that in the areas it most counts this hotel is SOLID. They did not disappoint :)

• Stayed: October 2012

atlhotelcritic,

Thank you for your comments and staying with us. We are happy you enjoyed yourself and noticed the hard work we all put into keeping the hotel up to the high standards you come to expect from a Marriott property. We will be going through renovation at some time next year so be looking for the brand new Perspectives decor with Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This hotel is in a great location with lots of restaurants and stores in the area. Room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was awesome. Lots of variety and plenty of seating in the breakfast area. Would recommend this hotel to others!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

J M,

Thank you for posting your fantastic comment. We actually just finished celebrating Housekeeping Appreciation week. We celebrate yearly with our housekeepers in a week long festivity to show them we appreciate how hard they work at keeping our hotel clean and award winning. We also have many partnerships with local restaurants to offer discounts to our guests. Please stop by the front desk next time you stay to inquire.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We arrived late for the check in time, and the room was cancelled. The receptionist was very accommodating and offered us another suite at the same rate. The room was spotless, the linen was white and fluffy.
The free breakfast was exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Monique F,

I am happy we could accommodate you and offer a suite for your stay. In the future if you call ahead and let us know you are running a bit behind we can note your account so you will not be cancelled. Thank you for staying with us.