“Surprisingly Satisfied!”

Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly Satisfied!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

By far the best stay I've ever experienced at a lower cost/brand hotel & with my first to Greensboro, the staff welcomed me like royality & exuded that for all the guests. As a Rewards Member, I won't stay anywhere else & prefer the economy oppose the higher end of the chain due to the personal service. From fresh rooms, expedient guest relations & the fresh food fare in the morning was such an added benefits. Kudos to Kimberly Crite & Crystal Eubanks, will be back soon!

Room Tip: Suite facing the interstate, illuminates nicely at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Mama K,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We try our best to offer exceptional customer service to every guest , everyday, everystay. I will also let Kimberly and Crystal know you appreciate their customer service and recognize them.We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Red Rock, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hotel was quiet, clean and well cared for. Check in/out was a breeze and there was plenty of infrastructure close by including restaurants, shops, mall, etc..

Great place for business travelers, we stayed 5 nights and did not have one complaint.

Would stay here again anytime we are in town.

I don't have many tips, high floor to ensure quiet and end of hallways to also ensure limited traffic. There are quite a few good local restaurants close by. Our favorite was Tripps, has a very good menu and the salads we had for lunch one day were very, very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Randy S,

Thank you for staying, we appreciate your kind comments and look forward to you returning on your next trip to town. I will also let Tripps know you enjoyed their restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.
Los Alamitos
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Employees were helpful the entire time we were there. Check in was a breeze, our room was beautiful, clean, and quiet. Clean towels magically appeared at our door when we put the "DND" sign out. Loved having a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Establishment is close to EVERYTHING. CVS,Target, WalMart, Costco, Kohl's, Macy's and all sorts of different shops are a hop, skip, and a jump away. As are all sorts of different eateries. Parking is plentiful, breakfast is basic but good. Always got a restful night's sleep. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Justwright,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.
Virginia
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here this past weekend. Team to Greensboro to go to the science center. The science center was about 30 minutes away. Great experience at the hotel, only negative was noisy neighbors. Crystal at the front desk was extremely helpful and had a great smile. Breakfast was great and there is an indoor pool with hot tub.

• Stayed July 2013
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
jjcopeland,

Thank you for staying at our award winning hotel on your quick stop through Greensboro. We hope you enjoyed the Science Center and look forward to you next stay with us.
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Family of four stayed here while traveling to the beach for our summer vacation. The kids enjoyed the pool and the updated breakfast was pleasantly good. Service was great and very gracious upon check-in. The rooms seemed smaller and noisy than others we've stayed in but not a big deal as this was only a one night lay over...which it was perfect for. Plenty of restaurants near by... But we would not recommend Logan's Steakhouse...filthy, poor to worse than average service and bland steaks. Other than that... Another great Marriot in a perfect location for us travelers.

• Stayed July 2013
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
RedDevilCouple,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad your family enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you didn't have a good experience at Logans steakhouse but would definately recommend Tripps restaurant just accross the highway which has great angus steaks. I have been there on many occassions, their fillet is wonderful. Give them a try on your next visit to town and ask for Annette the sales manager. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel is convenient, easy to get to, and near plenty of dining and shopping options. All great things, but the condition of the property on the little "extras" really make it a great stay. The lobby is clean and inviting. The staff is friendly and efficient. As platinum members it was great to see how many more nights we need to maintain out status this year hand written ahead of time on our key card holder and how many points we have available to us. A little "extra" that shows the staff is taking the extra steps to welcome you. The room is clean and in great condition. Air conditioning is effective, and other than hearing just a little traffic (worth it for the convenient location) things are pretty quiet. The bathroom is in great order and a few towels were folded into towel swans! Again, just a quick touch by the staff to show they really want you to enjoy your stay. I've stayed in a lot of Marriotts, from some incredibly crummy ones to beautiful JWs, and this is definitely one I will look forward to returning to for my business trips. The managers and staff of this Fairfield should serve as a shining of example of how a great hotel is run.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Roses4poet,

Thank you for commenting on our award winning hotel. We try to treat every guest like a member of our extended family and clean the hotel as neat as we would want our houses clean. We try to go above and beyond on every guest interaction from arrival to departure, to the extra touches you noticed. So thank you, our hard work seems to be speaking for itself. If I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact the hotel. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to you returning to town.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2013

When I go to Greensboro, NC to visit my son I stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. I stay there at least twice a year and just returned from a visit there.

Every time I check-in the staff greets me with a big smile. The lobby is always very clean and comfortable. They offer a small business area with computers and a printer if you need it. They also offer free WIFI to all guests. Every morning they offer free breakfast to all that stay and it's not just the muffins and bagels. They recently added to the breakfast menu waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon. Even though I don't usually eat breakfast from time-to-time I do have a look and it does look very appetizing and is very popular.

I usually get a King bed in a room that has a small refrigerator and microwave. I ask for a few feather pillows in advance and sure enough they are always on the bed at check-in. The rooms are clean and decorated nicely.

This is my home away from home when I am in Greensboro, NC.

Room Tip: If you need additional space for sleeping for one person or child the sofas are convertible sofa bed...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Kwanie,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind words and will always try to meet your expecation of home away from home. We treat ever guest like family and clean our rooms like we would at home. I will let the housekeeping staff know you appreciate all of their hard work and acknowledge the front desk staff to ensure they keep smiling. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.