“Very Good, A little expensive”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Very Good, A little expensive”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel was completely booked since this a busy time of the year with graduation and other activities. The room had a King size bed and a pull out couch as well. There was a cobweb on the ceiling and some discoloration on the walls but an overall clean room. The front desk agent could have been a bit more "in the know" about the happenings in the area and i wasn't sure if she was wearing the proper attire, however she was nice and was trying. During check out in the morning the manager was very friendly. Overall very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Marie R,

Thank you for your comments. I will make sure to follow up with housekeeping on hitting those corners for cobwebs in our morning meetings. Your comments will help us grow at becoming a stronger housekeeping team. You were correct in your observations about the front desk associates uniform, we are currently in the process of purchasing their uniform. I appologize they were not in their blazer. We look forward to you coming back to town next time. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just had the most pleasant experience booking a room because of a wonderful hotel clerk, Connell. He was very patient with all my questions and helped me get the best room. It's good to know that great friendly customer service is still alive and well at Fairfield Inn &Suites Greensboro.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LIanndra
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
LIanndra,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. I will let reservations know you appreciate the wonderful job they are doing.
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

As a woman traveling without my husband I'm more serious in finding not only a well kept up hotel but one in a safe area with amenities like restaurants close by and this Fairfield fit the bill. I'm also picky about road noise and this hotel although close to I40 it backs up to an area of trees, a nice view to wake up to. Everyone was super friendly from check in to the cleaning staff. My room was updated and clean and was super easy to get onto their wi-fi. Since I was there to go to Furnitureland South, the huge store in the area it took no longer than 15 minutes to get there. Yes, the breakfast was the same food as served elsewhere but it was good and plentiful and I book my hotels when on the road with different priorities other than what they serve in the morning. Will return there if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back, no parking lot there just plenty of trees.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Retiredlaxmom,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing our award winning propety for your stay in town. I have to agree with you the back of the hotel rooms are also my favorite, being a wooded area with a beautiful view really helps you to relax. I also wanted to let you know we will soon be entering our renovation which will consist of new carpets, wallpaper, a new breakfast area, couches and chairs in the whole hotel plus other items like new work out room equipment just to mention a few things. We are so excited about this beautiful change that will be coming in the next few weeks. If I can help you in the future please do not hesitate to call me.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a run-of-the-mill Fairflied Inn so the only thing that would separate it from the crowded pack of other like-category hotels (Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc) is customer service and cleanliness. This hotel FAILED on both. I checked in to a drity room with every single cabnet drawer open and all cushions turned-over. I went to the front desk to explain the situation and spoke to a guy named Vinny. Vinny chuckled a little as he explained how the maids really missed that one...I didn't not find this funny at all. I asked for a new room but was informed that the hotel was booked. I went back to my room and cleaned it up myself!!! It is important to NOTE that I am a Marriott Platium Rewards Member (meaning I stay 75+ nights at Marriott Hotels) and this was by far the WORST Experience to date. I spoke with the GM in the morning (named Aaron Simmerlink) who kind of gave me the same attitude as Vinny...freakin' unbelievable. The hotel is managed by LRP Hotels (which owns a few hotels brands in the area). I highly recommend NOT STAYING at this hotel or any other hotel managed by LRP Hotels...they simply do not get it...no cusotmer service what so ever and dirty...the only two issues that matter for these types of hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank J P
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
J P,

Thank you for being a Marriott rewards platinum member. As previously discussed on the morning of your departure we do leave all of the light on in the room, the drawers and pullout couches open for the executive housekeeper to inspect the rooms for cleanliness before our guests arrive. I do appologize again for us missing checking this room before your arrival. I have spoken to the associates involved and used this as a training opoprtunity to ensure this does not happen in the future. If you are ever in the area in the future please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to offer you a discount off of your next with us.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I called one afternoon and spoke to manager Aaron Simmerlink in hopes of getting a room for an additional week and was told that they did not have availability for the rate category I was seeking. He explained, which I already knew, that they allocate so many rooms for certain rate types. While they had availability, they did not have any availability for the week at the rate I was seeking. No apologies were offered and no additional suggestions or offers were made. Tough luck.

The very next morning two co-workers called the hotel and got the rate I was seeking. One was told that they had adjusted the room allocation, that no more rooms were available at the preferred rate and that additional co-workers should not contact the hotel. Tough luck.

I am left disappointed by the level of customer service that Mr. Simmerlink provided. He never shared that this allocation could or might change nor did he suggest that I call back to see if rooms had been made available. I understand that sometimes that this could be unpredictable, but it still leaves me feeling like an unvalued and unappreciated client as I was told no, but hours later others are being told yes. I wonder how this would leave Mr. Simmerlink feeling....?

Other than this poor customer service, travelers should also beware that the hotel is being painted and updated. My room had a brand new shower curtain that filled the room with noxious fumes and I was disappointed to see that the whirlpool has been filled in with cement and that the pool is also closed. I found none of this information disclosed on their website, only at the front desk.

The hotel does have a good location and has been a preferred place to stay while in town on business. I may need to reconsider this, but I'm sure they won't miss me - even though I have status with Marriottt and would be a guest of theirs 15-20 nights a year.

Room Tip: Don't talk with Aaron Simmerlink.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
GuyfromILMNC,

Thank you for your comments, being part of the Marriott family we take every concern and comment to heart. I appologize your experience was not up to the standards you expect from a Marriott hotel.I will definitely consider your statements when speaking to guests in the future notifying them that some rates while not available now they may be available in the future. I know I would feel dissapointed also wanting to know ("But what can you do if my rate is not available")? I will also retrain and inform the front desk to ensure that they do not come across as being insensitive. While the state government rate is not always available we have other options of booking rooms at our non discounted rate. Thank you again for your comments as these help us to grow in the future to serve other guests.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

By far the best stay I've ever experienced at a lower cost/brand hotel & with my first to Greensboro, the staff welcomed me like royality & exuded that for all the guests. As a Rewards Member, I won't stay anywhere else & prefer the economy oppose the higher end of the chain due to the personal service. From fresh rooms, expedient guest relations & the fresh food fare in the morning was such an added benefits. Kudos to Kimberly Crite & Crystal Eubanks, will be back soon!

Room Tip: Suite facing the interstate, illuminates nicely at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Mama K,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We try our best to offer exceptional customer service to every guest , everyday, everystay. I will also let Kimberly and Crystal know you appreciate their customer service and recognize them.We look forward to your next stay with us.
Red Rock, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hotel was quiet, clean and well cared for. Check in/out was a breeze and there was plenty of infrastructure close by including restaurants, shops, mall, etc..

Great place for business travelers, we stayed 5 nights and did not have one complaint.

Would stay here again anytime we are in town.

I don't have many tips, high floor to ensure quiet and end of hallways to also ensure limited traffic. There are quite a few good local restaurants close by. Our favorite was Tripps, has a very good menu and the salads we had for lunch one day were very, very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Randy S,

Thank you for staying, we appreciate your kind comments and look forward to you returning on your next trip to town. I will also let Tripps know you enjoyed their restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.