“Great stay, Great price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've stayed here twice in the last month. It's clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff is very friendly. If your looking for frills and room service this is not the place for you. If you want what I mentioned above at a great rate I highly recommend it. I will be back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LC_968
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

LC_968,

Thank you for your comments. We have finished our renovations in all of our guest rooms at this time and are glad you noticed the exceptional level of service our housekeeping, maintenence and front desk staff offer everyday. Thank you for staying and we look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

have stayed at this hotel many times. I'm a platinum status Marriott holder. In the past I have had pleasant experiences but my last stay made me not only feel uncomfortable but actions by a staff caused me to see a glimpse of a persons hate and ignorance of the gay and lesbian community.
When sitting in lobby working with other coworkers a staff began to vacuum. The tv was on at the time. When the employee turned off the vacuum and began cleaning tables she attempted to engage us in conversation. This was okay but the conversation she attempted to engage us in.....NO. Duck dynasty drama was on CNN. She looked over at us and said can you believe that...good for duck dynasty they have morals and I support there beliefs and views.
Okay fine whatever we are entitled to our own opinions, however when I am paying to stay at a hotel I do not need a staff member pushing her view or beliefs on me when we did not ask. We kindly told her that her conversation was inappropriate and to kindly stop.

Wait...wait....I did contact the management team an received a half hearted response, ..." Please be assured that myself and the Assistant general Manager will discuss this occurrence with the associate in question. We have also discussed proper work conversation etiquette with all of the employees at our holiday party...Mr. Simmerlink General manager..."

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Silvia4ecu
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We were here for one night. Hotel and our room were clean. Our bed was very comfortable (huge aspect for my score). We had the continental breakfast and in my opinion, better than most hotels. I really enjoyed the fresh mixed fruits.
We would stay here again if given the opportunity.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Geocacher48,

Thank you for your comments. We have updated our breakfast to include hot items now like sausage and scrammbled eggs. We are glad you noticed all of the hard work our housekeeping staff does each day with cleaning our guest rooms. Please let me know if I can be of any further help in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had to book a hotel mid trip at last minute, told front desk staff what I wanted and she was able to accommodate me. Had previously had a room booked at Spring Hill Suites across the street from here but they were remodeling and the fumes from the paint was too strong. This hotel also was remodeling and I told here about the paint fumes at previous hotel so she made sure to put me where there would be no issue. King suite. Their suites are not true suites, there is no separation between the bedroom and the living area but for the night, it was okay. Very tight small room but it was very clean and updated. The bed was comfortable and they had an IPod dock with speakers in the living area. Bathroom was big and roomy. Kitchen area was a closet but again, for one night, it was sufficient. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Be prepared for the fact that the rooms are not true suites, no separation between bedroom and livin...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy D

Amy D,

Thank you for your comments. As you mentioned, we are in the process of renovating the hotel. At this time the rooms have been completed and we are getting ready to start the lobby. We hope you loved the new colors and modern feel of the hotel and look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel was completely booked since this a busy time of the year with graduation and other activities. The room had a King size bed and a pull out couch as well. There was a cobweb on the ceiling and some discoloration on the walls but an overall clean room. The front desk agent could have been a bit more "in the know" about the happenings in the area and i wasn't sure if she was wearing the proper attire, however she was nice and was trying. During check out in the morning the manager was very friendly. Overall very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Marie R,

Thank you for your comments. I will make sure to follow up with housekeeping on hitting those corners for cobwebs in our morning meetings. Your comments will help us grow at becoming a stronger housekeeping team. You were correct in your observations about the front desk associates uniform, we are currently in the process of purchasing their uniform. I appologize they were not in their blazer. We look forward to you coming back to town next time. If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just had the most pleasant experience booking a room because of a wonderful hotel clerk, Connell. He was very patient with all my questions and helped me get the best room. It's good to know that great friendly customer service is still alive and well at Fairfield Inn &Suites Greensboro.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LIanndra
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

LIanndra,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. I will let reservations know you appreciate the wonderful job they are doing.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

As a woman traveling without my husband I'm more serious in finding not only a well kept up hotel but one in a safe area with amenities like restaurants close by and this Fairfield fit the bill. I'm also picky about road noise and this hotel although close to I40 it backs up to an area of trees, a nice view to wake up to. Everyone was super friendly from check in to the cleaning staff. My room was updated and clean and was super easy to get onto their wi-fi. Since I was there to go to Furnitureland South, the huge store in the area it took no longer than 15 minutes to get there. Yes, the breakfast was the same food as served elsewhere but it was good and plentiful and I book my hotels when on the road with different priorities other than what they serve in the morning. Will return there if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back, no parking lot there just plenty of trees.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Retiredlaxmom,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing our award winning propety for your stay in town. I have to agree with you the back of the hotel rooms are also my favorite, being a wooded area with a beautiful view really helps you to relax. I also wanted to let you know we will soon be entering our renovation which will consist of new carpets, wallpaper, a new breakfast area, couches and chairs in the whole hotel plus other items like new work out room equipment just to mention a few things. We are so excited about this beautiful change that will be coming in the next few weeks. If I can help you in the future please do not hesitate to call me.