“Very impressed with this Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover
Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Atlanta, GA
“Very impressed with this Fairfield”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts (4 in the last month) and I will have to say I was very impressed with the quality of this one. It looks like it's a relatively new property.

Check-in was very quick and easy (the front desk staff were super friendly). I was able to enjoy a late afternoon cup of freshly-brewed coffee in the lobby. When we got to our room, I was impressed to see that my Marriott preferences were honored: extra towels and extra pillows. It's very rare that these preferences in my profile are actually taken into consideration. We even had towels that were shaped like swans and formed a heart. Nice touch!

Breakfast was your typical Fairfield breakfast but unlike other places, they managed to restock continuously so that they were never out of anything. And, I really liked the fact that they served turkey sausage, since I don't eat pork.

As far as Fairfields go, this is one of the better ones that I have stayed in. Keep it up, Fairfield Greensboro!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
STLATL,

Thank you for your kind comments. We always try to exceed all of our guests expectations, and deliver all requests on file. Also thank you for noticing some of the extra touches we offer daily. We are looking forward to you returning in the future, if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed one night on Marriott points in a standard king room (not a suite). We arrived at midnight and had to wait about 15 minutes prior to checkin due to difficult guests busy complaining about silly things. The clerk was doing a very nice job dealing with a sold out hotel and complainers. The hotel was clean and new looking. Our room was spotless and comfortable. The room was quiet with the exception of hearing noise from guests opening and closing doors. Breakfast is the standard for Fairfield Inn - not great, but suitable for a free breakfast; clean and well prepared. This hotel is getting things right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Bill B,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad the front desk associate handled the situation to meet your standards. We conduct numerous role plays on different scenarios that can arise at the front desk. I am glad this seems to be working. We look forward to you returning in the future and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know.
Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

2 night stay in Greensboro with family. Comfortable hotel with your typical free breakfast for this level of property. Very close proximity to many restaurants and shopping. Convenient to the Piedmont Triad airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
JackV0611,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you returning in the future. We are very glad youy enjoyed our new hot complimentary breakfast. If I can assist you in the future please let me know.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here while visiting family and work. Nice clean rooms and great staff. Would recommend staying here. They had a happy hour with wine and beer with light snacks. It made it nice to relax before heading to dinner with business associates. It had a morning breakfast which was plentiful with sausage,eggs,biscuits . You could also have cereal or oatmeal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammy C
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Tammy C,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us when staying in Greensboro and look forward to you returning in the future. If I can assist you in the future please let me know.
Elon, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

All the staff were very nice despite it being very busy (full?) with parents in for the Elon University graduation and soccer players in for a tournament. Especially nice was Kimberly the Breakfast Supervisor! Even with all the people, the hot breakfast was always great!

Stayed May 2014
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
TgoPA,

Thank you for your comment. I will make sure to recognize Kim for the outstanding job she does everyday. Thank you again, and we look forward to you returning in the future.
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel was clean. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were a decent size. The pool was very small but nice. Location was great. Lots of dining options in the area and only a short distance from the Coliseum area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
AaronSimerlink, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Greensboro Wendover, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
A C,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to wowing you on your next visit to town.
Moyock, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and quiet. The kitchen staff was so nice and I really enjoyed chatting with her. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Coal2001,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us when you have so many choices out there. We try to treat every guest like family and appreciate you recognizing that we work hard daily. I will make sure I share your comment with our staff and especially the breakfast associates who made it a great morning for you.