“Good hotel, staff could use some help”

Residence Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #34 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Columbus, Ohio
“Good hotel, staff could use some help”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here over the weekend for leisure. The room was pretty nice, big, and comfortable. It was nice having the full kitchen and full sized refrigerator. Plenty of room to spread out. This hotel seemed to be fairly new but the cabinets in the rooms looked very worn so I'm not sure. The pool area was nice but, as someone else mentioned, there wasn't many towels available. My only real complaint was the nonchalant attitude of the staff. There was nothing horrible about them but they really seemed to not care if I was there or not... Overall, a decent hotel, and good value.

Room Tip: I don't have any real tip for this....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wesleybean
Residence Inn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Good Evening,

We appreciate your choosing to stay with us while visiting the Greensboro Area. Your feedback is very important to us, as we work to exceed the expectations of the Marriott Brand. Thank you for giving us your input, which has been reviewed with the staff.

G. Annie Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very friendly staff and a clean and comfortable hotel. Breakfast was very good with a great selection of hot and cold items. The pool and hot tub area was clean but there was a shortage of pool towels and the miniature towels from the gym did not provide much relief.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here for work for more than 2 months in early 2012. Staff was nice and helpful. Booking experience was super awesome. Breakfast spread was good with choices from warm/fresh stuff, fruits, continental. I later on recommended it to 3-4 more friends and they all stayed here and liked it.
I stayed in 1 br suite. It was clean and well decorated. There was dining table and also a big work table as well which was awesome give that I was there for work and used it very often. Bathroom could use some updates but no complains and it was not bad at all.
Overall I was very happy with this hotel and staff and would stay here again if I am visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Residence Inn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Good Afternoon,

We appreciate your feedback and the referral to your friends. Thanks for choosing to stay with us while in the Greensboro Area, and please contact me if I may be of any further assistance. G. Annie Hall, General Manager
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights during a business trip. The room was spacious and clean. You have your own kitchen with a full size fridge.
The breakfast is ok, some more healthy choices would be nice.
They have a small gym but the equipment is quite old.
All in all a good hotel when on a business trip... Close to the airport with a good shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Residence Inn G, General Manager at Residence Inn Greensboro Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Good Afternoon Mr. Augustsson,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Residence Inn Hotel while in the Greensboro Area. As we strive to provide exceptional service to all of our guests, your feedback is key to our development. Please contact me personally if you have any further questions, and once again, thank you for your loyalty to the Residence Inn. Sincerely, G. Annie Hall - General Manager
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife and two kids while visiting family in Greensboro. The hotel was great. The staff was friendly. The room was clean.
We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was very roomy. The living room was large enough for 4 adults and 3 kids to eat dinner and spread out.
The pool was nice and heated which was great.
Included warm breakfast spread was good. Lots of choices and good coffee.
Only downside is proximity to airport and sometimes low flying planes. But staying near an airport, I guess that should be expected.
Will definitely stay again next time I'm in Greensboro.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 17 December 2013

No real complaints about this hotel. Our room was very large and clean with a full kitchen. One desk clerk was rather unfriendly and unhelpful; we asked about access to any breakfast food before 7 a.m. on the weekends. She was adamant that breakfast started at 7 with no exceptions. Since we were there for a swimming competition and swimmers had to be at the pool early, this wasn't very convenient. However, the reality was that you could get the "cold" items prior to 7 a.m. and the ladies in the breakfast area were very nice. Since the aquatic center is a big part of Greensboro's attractions, I think the hotel should consider a 6:30 a.m. breakfast start time on the weekends. The hotel pool area is quite nice with a large hot tub. Internet service was easy to access and fast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here Sept 2012. I arrived in Greensboro from Northern Ireland, unfortunately my luggage had not. The hotel were very good and told me that when I wake the next morning call reception and luggage would be brought to the room as it would be delivered in next flight from NYC. They were a great help. Hotel is clean and the pool and other facilities where spot on. There are a number of places to eat around the hotel and were enjoyable for a drink.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business