“Huge rooms with nice furnishings.”
Review of Proximity Hotel

Proximity Hotel
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The location of the hotel could have been better (there is literally nothing you can walk to from the hotel without walking on what looks like the shoulder of a freeway) but the interior is gorgeous. Our room was huge and we got a free upgrade to a room with a soaking tub. The bar is decent downstairs and the staff are incredibly friendly. Book it if you can get a decent rate.

Room Tip: See if you can get upgraded to a room with a soaking tub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markasaurus
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you for your review! I am delighted we had an upgrade to a spa room available for you.

Next time your travels send you out east, stop by our desk to ask about the shopping area and walking trail within walking distance via a sidewalk. Another fun option: If a driver is available, have one of our London taxis or other fleet vehicles transport you in the local area for a fee.

Cheers!
Tony

There are newer reviews for Proximity Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I've been to many luxury hotels, but this might be the most beautiful entranceway and lobby I've ever seen. White linen curtains line the outside vestibule and flow in the breeze as you enter. The lobby is sleek and modern and is set in multi-levels, yet is set in earth tones to reflect the fact that everything in the hotel is "green." The Print Works Bistro entrance is set with the luxurious billowing curtains and soft luxurious chairs. I was on a family trip and this was a splurge worth every penny. The area is quiet so you'll get great sleep, too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed two nights this week. Our room was very large and had lots of seating options, which I appreciated. I also enjoyed the good magazine selection in the room. The green credentials were important to me in selecting Proximity, so I liked the filtered water available on every floor. The bistro served a delicious breakfast and is a beautiful, quiet and elegant restaurant. My only complaint was the water pressure in the bathroom sinks. It was very low, actually making it difficult to wash face, brush teeth, etc. In addition, I had to run the hot water for a long time to actually get hot water, which was then extremely hot, meaning that I had to turn the cold water on all the way - it was still very hot. At one point, I actually turned the hot water off completely, and the water still ran hot for more than a few sections. I mentioned this at check-out and was told that this had to do with the environmentally conscious water system. I'm not sure I'm convinced. I do want to say that this was the only negative in an otherwise very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hertzathome
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I apologize you did not receive an appropriate response from our front desk team. There was a mechanical problem with a faulty valve that has been addressed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

I am glad you enjoyed the magazine selection. We feature a few well done local and regional magazines in the guestroom.

We look forward to your next visit!

Tony

Reviewed 11 March 2012

My first time at the hotel was extremely impressive,Im shocked this hotel was ranked number two. Its a very cool place to go for parties,romantic reasons and just to relax...I am definately going back soon.It doesnt even feel like youre still in Greensboro when you arrive!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adrienne J
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

This property is as beautiful as it looks online and even more impressive in person. The white curtain entrance sets the stage for a totally different experience. The highlights of the hotel for me were the retro design for the hallways and the doors, the wonderful spa-like shower, and the mounted flat screen tvs. The in-room bottled water is from the Carolinas and I PROMISE it was the best bottled water I've had in my life! I loved the full length mirror the benches and plentiful storage space. Oh, there's also an iPhone (pod) dock on the clock. The business center is easy to use and they also provide honor-sodas in case you need a caffeine kick while you work.

I had room service for all of my meals and I must recommend the escargot and salad topped with a poached egg. DELIGHTFUL! The staff was engaging, and guest-oriented from the time I called to book my room until I put my last suitcase i my car to leave. And I will tell u, I did not want to leave. I will definitely stay here again and hope you will, too!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank FaceWriting
Tony V, Service Manager at Proximity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

I am simply delighted that your experience was all it should be! Our in room dining menu mirrors the restaurant and I am excited to hear you found a few favorites. Till your next return!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is a fantastic hotel. Clean, fresh, modern - high ceilings make the room feel even larger than it already is. Staff is excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for the post! The loft like ceilings certainly add to the experience. I am glad they impacted your experience. Ask about our 8th floor rooms next time they are event higher!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This has become my favorite hotel in Greensboro. It's nice to be green, but normally that means giving something up. At the Proximity Hotel you are giving up nothing to be green. I love the rooms, and the staff is awesome. This hotel is a little on the pricey side but you get what you pay for. I will keep coming back to the Proximity anytime I need a room in Greensboro.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jos26013

Putting your experience first was paramount in our sustainable practices initiatives. I am delighted to be called you favorite! See you soon.