All reviews print works printworks bistro honor bar filtered water honor system floor to ceiling windows loft king leed platinum office park aveda products spa room corner room wedding night sister property romance package friendly center upscale hotel
Reviewed 8 January 2008

I travel alot and have stayed in a variety of boutique hotels (San Fran, NY, LA, DC, Paris) and I must say that I was really impressed with the Proximity. Wonderful service, beautiful rooms (I stayed in RM 800, the King Suite facing the highway...Fabu), great cocktails, beautiful views and a glorious tub (that is a must). I found the staff charming, informative and responsive (though I never figured out the tv remote). I live in LA and want to go back...just for the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank SeaBassLosAngeles
Reviewed 29 December 2007

weekend stay for relaxing and fun - great hotel and staff. Design and construction was new and different. Staff was great and helpful. Food is expensive, but top quality and excellent service. I hope they will keep the weekend rates attractive as this is a nice place for couples and friends to dine and enjoy the property. Slept well, can be a bit of noise given street location and type of construction (lots of windows). May also want to check out the O'Henry hotel and Green Valley Grill. You will enjoy your stay and the change of design and scale.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2007

My wife and I have stayed at the Proximity 2 times. The first time we stayed for her birthday on 11/24 and had some problems with the heating/ac unit. We were promptly moved to a new room, and comped breakfast the next morning. Since the hotel was having a "soft opening" we experinced the same problem again.

I spoke to the staff the next morning, and the manager contacted me a couple days later and said all the issues had been address by the contractor and invited us for a free stay anytime. We chose 12/22.

This time everything was perfect!! And I do mean perfect! Brought to our room after check in was complimentary bottle of wine, cheese, and fruit plates from their bistro The Print Works. The heating /ac worked perfectly too. We stayed in a king-spa room. The room is magnificent with huge overstuffed mattress, flat screen TV (with on demand), wonderful sound system, huge beautiful bathroom and shower for 2. Work area, wi-fi, and dinner/work table, with microwave, and fridge. Also included are plush bathrobes.

This is a "green" hotel and completely non-smoking. YOU WILL LOVE YOUR STAY HERE and rest assured if there is a problem it will be taken care of the proper way!! I highly reccomend this hotel for a quiet, romantic, evening!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank arbit
Reviewed 25 November 2007

I've now stayed two times at the Proximity Hotel and both stays were very nice. The first stay I arrived later in the evening after working a full day and driving several hours to get there. The second time I arrived a bit earlier than their posted check in time. On both occasions I was checked in prompty and with no problems. All of the staff was friendly and helpful and made a point to speak to me.

Unlike many modern "boutique" hotels, i didn't encounter any attitude from the staff, nor was the decor over the top and more about visuals than usability... all of the staff was eager to assist and while the room had "cool" touches like exposed concrete and a modern chaise, everything was functional and comfortable.

Each time I had the same room, 701, which is a corner room and is slightly different from the standard rooms. The room was well furnished and very clean. This room has three large windows, two in the main area and one in the bathroom. There was a flat panel HD TV mounted on the wall in the corner between the two windows. There was a generous amount of tv channels to choose from. Wired and wireless internet service was also available without an additional charge. I did have trouble with the wireless signal in this room which could have been because of the corner room. the signal was stronger the closer i moved to the core of the building but was hard to use there because of the room layout. My room had a shower but no tub. This was not a problem for me, but if you want a tub, remember to mention it to the hotel as not all of their rooms have one.

The hallway was a bit on the dark side and there was a common area on each floor with some soft seating, a computer and printer as well as an ice machine and honor fridge with drinks of various sorts.

I ate dinner twice in the adjacent restaurant and the food was excellent and the service was first class.

Several years ago i stayed at this company's "sister" hotel, the O Henry Hotel, located with in eyeshot of this hotel and was very impressed. I was equally impressed with my stays here and would recommend it for anyone who would be in the area on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
3  Thank ajva
Reviewed 18 November 2007

I just stayed a tthe Proximity hotel in Greensboro. The hotel just opened so they obviously have a few kinks to work out. The hotel in general is very nice. It is not your average run of the mill hotel by any means. The moment you walk in the door you will see what I mean. The guest hallways have exposed water pipes that service the floor. It was built to resemble an old textile mill. The moment you walk in the room, you are greeting by an old ceiling with exposed wood, resembling an old mill warehouse. The closet is hidden behind a curtain as well as your fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom door is a sliding old timie mill door like you would see on a old loading dock with the towels neatly attached to the back of it so that when you get out the shower you can slide the door to you and get a towel without having to get the floor wet! The light fixtures old nostalgic and weird, the windows are almost floor to ceiling to give you a loft like feel. The bed is ok nothing fancy or special and they do provide bathrobs to use while you are there. I guess the most impresive part was the bathroom. I had a king spa room although the tub has no jets. The shower has no doors you jsut walk in and the tub is beside of shower no seperation at all. The bathtub did have a spa effect when you ran the water and the tub was situated at the back of the bathroom which had windows in the wall which opened into the bedroom area. That was really neat. Never quite seen anything like that whole set up. They do have a restaurnat as well but it is very expensive. I dropped 22 for breakfast alone and after that didnt dare to see how expenisve dinner was. I ate at other restaurnats which by the way are real convienant to the hotel. I paid 129 a night for the spa king room which once they stop the opening special rates i think it will be going for arond 200 a night. they do have the opening rate specials now which are a bargin but i think they will go up the end of november or decemeber so you better go now if you dont want to pay around 200 a night. All in all the hotel was a lttle out of the ordenary but every now and again we all need that. its worth the price just to see the hotel. but not worth 200 a night.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo