Proximity Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Oaks Motel(Greensboro)
View Hotel
All reviewsprint worksprintworks bistrohonor barfiltered waterfloor to ceiling windowshonor systemsolar panelsleed platinumcorner king roomaveda productsspa roomunique hotelwedding nightsister propertymodern designtop floorroom service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Some girlfriends and I decided to have a sleepover away from husbands and kids, and what better place than the Proximity Hotel, right here in the 'Boro?!
The rooms are huge and very simple while still being decadent: No tacky paintings, hidden micro and fridge, bathroom with a huge window, and lounge area on each floor. Seeing all of the characteristics that make it 'Green' was really interesting to me. I can't wait to stay there again!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The hotel was very nice, rooms were unique and relaxing. The restaurant on the property was also pretty good, unsurprising that it was packed. Service was also excellent. The only opportunity area I could think of was the price. In terms of value, its probably average at best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stay at the Proximity every time I go to the Triad area. I have for years. The people are very nice, and the facilities are very modern and clean. The only drawback I noticed on my last trip was that the furniture is beginning to show a few signs of age. Otherwise, I would rate this excellent. They do a great job overall, and I would recommend this hotel. The food is also very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Recently attended a business meeting with 100 associates. The staff at all of our meetings and gatherings inside the hotel were top notch. Very attentive and polite. I would have a higher rating if it weren't for the lack of bedside outlets, which they are addressing, 2 of the 3 treadmills weren't operating, the TV remote batteries were going and a couple of other minor issues. In fairness, other than the treadmills, they were minor inconveniences and did not overshadow the outstanding customer service. The food served during these meetings was delicious and of high quality- not your normal banquet fare. Would highly recommend for personal or business function.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located in a business park area. I love the hotel's sleek but eco-friendly approach. It looks very stylish inside. There were computer, printer, water dispenser, pitchers, sodas (for purchase) on my floor. The room was spacious with lots of NC magazines to read. It was clean. I liked the opening tv channel with an explanation of the hotel's eco approach. The staff was very friendly throughout our stay. This hotel is great representation of the Greensboro area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business