“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
Abilene, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the little times that I've traveled. I got a room with the jetted tub and it was so relaxing after a day of travel. Overall Great Service, Friendly Staff, and Clean Rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teamloveliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Check in on Friday afternoon and everything seems good. After returning for the evening we finally get our son to sleep and have time to relax. Would have loved for the jetted tub to have worked but of course it doesn't. We then proceed to simply put things away for the night and the dresser drawers are inoperable, seems they will not stay on track and drop as soon as you start to open them. So, I proceed to the front desk and explain that the room has multiple issues, however as my child is asleep moving rooms isn't a viable option. As if right on cue I am informed that there are no management staff on site for the weekend so there were no options other than changing rooms. When I inquire about reducing the rate of the room to match those without jetted tub as ours did not work...not gonna happen and we are billed in full. So as I lay in bed contemplating this expirence, I see a light! Seems the window curtain is off track and the parking lot lights work very well. Definately my last stay at a Best Western. You have turned me off to the brand.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beauregard111
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

A wonderful hotel. We have stayed at the Best Western Windsor Suites for the past three years. The staff takes very good care of us! We will stay there again. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is perfect and the hotel is wonderful!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank sandra46641
Newport Coast, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel was very lovely with a very friendly staff. The room was spacious and very comfortable. My sister and I had a one night stay while on a road trip to South Carolina from the DC area and this hotel is very convenient to the highway. We couldn't have been more pleased and felt it was a good value. I enjoyed the gym and the continental breakfast was very nice with many choices. This hotel is a great choice if you're staying in the area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Windsor Suites while visiting a family member in Greensboro. I was impressed by the gorgeous lobby and nicely updated bathrooms as well as the spacious and clean rooms. There is a mall right across the street and many restaurants nearby to choose from. The hotel staff is awesome. I highly recommend a stay at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mainevi
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I originally had a reservation at the Sheraton and should have kept it, but I found a rate $100 in aggregate less for the 3 nights at the Drury. I then found a rate $250 lower than the Sheraton and $150 lower in total than the Drury at the Best Western. Sheraton didn't include breakfast, Drury had a few hot items, and Best Western sounded like all carbs so I decided to save the money and eat out for breakfast! When I was dropped off by a fellow alum I had met at the basketball game, my purpose of being in Greensboro, I noticed a "No Power" sign in the window, but it was too late as my ride had driven off not knowing my dilemma! I arrived at the Best Western about 5 pm on Friday. They had no power and no generator. I was told by the one poor soul hiding behind the counter that they were not checking any guests in, even those who had reservations??? He suggested the Drury next door. They had a generator for the common areas and excellent customer service-there will be a separate review for them. In all my years of travels, I have never been treated as poorly and as inhospitably as I was at the Best Western. I felt sorry for the guy behind the desk as no management and/or owner were present. They need to invest in a generator for the common areas plus have more staff available during crises. I realize that this was an extraordinary event with the ice storm and power outage, but other hotels in the area at least handled it more professionally and with Southern hospitality. Not only does this reflect on this particular location but also on the chain as well. Best Western needs to have higher minimum standards as I learned from staying at a location in Tallahassee last month! Except for the Best Western Canada in Rome, Italy, I think I will look elsewhere when booking a hotel reservation. Bad Customer Service, No Hospitality, Poor Treatment of Platinum Best Western member, No Assistance in Relocating....NOTHING! Avoid this place unless you don't mind being put out on the icy cold streets of Greensboro!!! Just to add that I did receive a voice message and an email from someone during the following week saying that this was a unique situation and that I wouldn't be charged even though I canceled after 4 pm (gee, wasn't that nice of them-if they had tried to charge me, I would have disputed the charge to the fullest), but bottom line, I was left stranded because of their actions and they assumed no responsibility for their clients!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BerlinG-ParisF
greensboro, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

my soon to be husband and i have 6 children in a total. I just had surgery and he always working and away from home so i figured it would be nice to just get a nice room for two days. We needed and deserved a mini vacation. It was a nice get away and very relaxing!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple