“Needs Improvements”

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Needs Improvements”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I wanted greek food and I figured well I could give them another try, wish I had not wasted my hard earned money. First off this place is WAY to pricey. It's also a small chain so its nowhere near as good as local places. They screwed up my order. I ordered a "gyro on pita" with NO TOMATOES, even my receipt said "no tomatoes" I get home and there ARE TOMATOES ON IT! I ordered a side of falafel and at first I was pleased with the size of the patty, it was pretty big. But then when I bit into it, it was salty and flavorless. The hummus was somewhat WARM. I'm pretty sure hummus is supposed to be cold/cooler not WARM. The texture was not smooth enough for me either, not very tasty. I will not be back. The guy making the food was giving people weird looks as well. Stay away! I would recommend going to mythos grill or zaytoon.

• Visited December 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“favorite place to eat!!!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

great food! we love to eat at Pita Delite. Our favorite restaurant! Kids eat free perfect for family of 5.

Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“One of our favorite places to eat”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

A locally owned small chain of Greek food, Pita Delite has always been a family favorite. The friendly, welcoming staff makes your visit special. The food is affordable and fresh.

Visited May 2013
“Average Food, OVER priced”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Terrible value. The food was good but it wasn't worth nearly $30 for 2 people. I'd go with a more traditional greek restaurants in the area and pay the same amount.

Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good then bad”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I always give a restaurant 2 shots. I stayed in a hotel within walking distance 2 years ago, went in and had a Gyro. It was your basic Gyro, not great but definitely not bad. Just a good basic lunch. Everyone working was polite and courteous.

My second trip back was about 3 months later when I started working at my new office just down the street. I decided to give the Falafel a shot. This is where the bad came in. It was covered in this water like sauce that destroyed the pita by soaking it and making it soggy. Had I eaten this there it likely would still have been a problem but I took it to go this day so it sat for a bit before I got into it. It had a very acidic taste to it, almost like the tzatziki sauce went bad. At first I thought it was the falafel but I picked it out from the rest. It was bad enough I haven't stepped foot back in the door. Unfair? I don't know but between the sandwich, fries and a small tip it was over $10. You make the decision.

I always hesitate to post bad reviews. It can be unfair to the owners and in this instance I didn't let them know of my bad experience, something I'll usually do. Hopefully they read the online reviews and use them as a learning tool.

Visited May 2013