“Sets the standard for B&B's”

Greenwood Bed and Breakfast
Greenwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
Accomac
“Sets the standard for B&B's”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Easy access parking, lovely rooms, excellent gourmet breakfasts, convenient to downtown and the utmost concern for personal comfort.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank piedo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Southern MD
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and stayed at the Greenwood Bed and Breakfast for two nights while in town visiting family and attending a wedding. We had two active, busy days and returning in the evening to the Greenwood was like going home. The home is immaculate, warm and welcoming. Waking up in the the morning was like waking up in my own bed. When we come to Greensboro in the future, we will most definitely consider staying here and recommend this beautiful Inn to family and friends.

Room Tip: Research online and/or call the owners
Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grabiec2
Marion, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2010

My husband and I stayed the night so we could catch the 9am train to DC for Thanksgiving. We live a few hours away, near Asheville, and hadn't taken the train in this part of the country. We were so glad we did. Rachel and Linda were very nice and the place is quite lovely. Rachel even arranged a hot breakfast before serving hours so we could be at the station by 8am check in. It made a wonderful, relaxing start to a very fun day of travel. I highly recommend the train, too. But take your own food for that!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 November 2010

My friend and I were in town to do some shopping and wanted to experience staying in a bed and breakfast. The Greenwood B&B was in the perfect location (blocks from downtown) and the owners were very friendly. We met their adorable children and they made us feel very much at home. The rooms were so welcoming and bed was so comfortable. I will definitely be staying at the Greenwood B&B again!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 November 2009

FIY - This place is for sale, and I think they've lost interest in the hospitality concept. They made it very (rudely) clear that this was first and foremost their home. Which is fine, except when you open it up to paying guests. They have a cute little toddler (who cries, as little toddlers do). We ended up not staying here, partly because of a rate disagreement, but mostly because they told us we weren't welcome. Yikes. We've stayed in lots of b&b's and have never had such a rude reception at the front door. I think they should just stop accepting guests until they can move.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TCC55
greenwoodbb, owner at Greenwood Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 February 2010
When unsatisfactory comments were made about a previously agreed upon rate reduction, we offered the guests the option of staying elsewhere.

When discussion continued and became uncomfortable, we asked the guests to leave and helped them find accommodations elsewhere.

We hope they enjoyed their stay in Greensboro, even if it wasn't at our B&B.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I have just returned home from my stay there while attending a seminar at the Marriott in downtown Greensboro. Where to start? The neighborhood and adjacent park are lovely and quiet, but walking distance to the downtown strip and the delightful bakery/restaurant Ganache. The whole place was spotlessly clean, and my room (the Bluebell) was pretty, bright, welcoming and very comfortable. Breakfasts were very yummy and Raechel is open to special dietary requests. I'm so glad I stayed here instead of the Marriott - so much more charm and personality!

Raechel, her husband Nathan, and mother Linda co-run the inn and are the warmest, most welcoming innkeepers I've ever met. Everything runs beautifully, but with a very relaxed vibe - I quickly began to feel like I was staying with friends.

Raechel truly went above and beyond the call of duty by personally driving me to the airport when my taxi service bungled my reservation. It is because of her generous help that I made my flight on time & had a smooth trip home.

My only regret is that my husband wasn't able to join me for the weekend - it would have been a lovely getaway for the two of us. Now I'll just be searching for excuses to return to Greensboro and the Greenwood!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank DCQTrip
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Instead of staying at a traditional hotel as I usually do while on business, I tried the Greenwoood B & B and was thoroughly delighted (so much so I may forgo chain hotels in the future in other cities I frequent.) First of all, the inkeeper, Raechel, was so accomodating and made me and my guests (we held a meeting at the Inn the following day) exceedingly comfortable. The room I stayed at (#4 Poppy) was well appointed and offered a view of the park across the very quiet street. I looked at the room next door (#3 Bluebell) which was equally inviting if not a bit larger and lighter. The private bathroom in my room had an excellent shower and nice amenities. I took a long walk through the park and the neighborhood (an area of Greensboro I didn't know existed) and Raechel recommended nearby restaurants within walking distance. The rate for weekday business travelers is comparable if not somewhat less than a good quality chain hotel. Although I'm not a big breakfast eater, what I had was delicious (and included in your room rate.) I think this would be a wonderful retreat (romantic and otherwise) for traditional B & B afficianados. If, like me, you travel for business, consider giving the Greenwood a try if the location suits your needs. My prior concerns about sacrificing privacy quickly disappeared. Only caveat is that there are no TV's in the actual rooms but there are two roomy public areas wth available television. Give up your frequent guest points for a change and bring a book. You'll be cordially treated and feel very much at home.

• Liked — Friendly staff, quiet convenient location, lovely rooms
  • Disliked — Enjoyed every aspect
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Adyson