“Watch Out!”

Greenwood Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greensboro
Greenwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Watch Out!”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

FIY - This place is for sale, and I think they've lost interest in the hospitality concept. They made it very (rudely) clear that this was first and foremost their home. Which is fine, except when you open it up to paying guests. They have a cute little toddler (who cries, as little toddlers do). We ended up not staying here, partly because of a rate disagreement, but mostly because they told us we weren't welcome. Yikes. We've stayed in lots of b&b's and have never had such a rude reception at the front door. I think they should just stop accepting guests until they can move.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank TCC55
greenwoodbb, owner at Greenwood Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 February 2010
When unsatisfactory comments were made about a previously agreed upon rate reduction, we offered the guests the option of staying elsewhere.

When discussion continued and became uncomfortable, we asked the guests to leave and helped them find accommodations elsewhere.

We hope they enjoyed their stay in Greensboro, even if it wasn't at our B&B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 June 2009

I have just returned home from my stay there while attending a seminar at the Marriott in downtown Greensboro. Where to start? The neighborhood and adjacent park are lovely and quiet, but walking distance to the downtown strip and the delightful bakery/restaurant Ganache. The whole place was spotlessly clean, and my room (the Bluebell) was pretty, bright, welcoming and very comfortable. Breakfasts were very yummy and Raechel is open to special dietary requests. I'm so glad I stayed here instead of the Marriott - so much more charm and personality!

Raechel, her husband Nathan, and mother Linda co-run the inn and are the warmest, most welcoming innkeepers I've ever met. Everything runs beautifully, but with a very relaxed vibe - I quickly began to feel like I was staying with friends.

Raechel truly went above and beyond the call of duty by personally driving me to the airport when my taxi service bungled my reservation. It is because of her generous help that I made my flight on time & had a smooth trip home.

My only regret is that my husband wasn't able to join me for the weekend - it would have been a lovely getaway for the two of us. Now I'll just be searching for excuses to return to Greensboro and the Greenwood!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank DCQTrip
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Instead of staying at a traditional hotel as I usually do while on business, I tried the Greenwoood B & B and was thoroughly delighted (so much so I may forgo chain hotels in the future in other cities I frequent.) First of all, the inkeeper, Raechel, was so accomodating and made me and my guests (we held a meeting at the Inn the following day) exceedingly comfortable. The room I stayed at (#4 Poppy) was well appointed and offered a view of the park across the very quiet street. I looked at the room next door (#3 Bluebell) which was equally inviting if not a bit larger and lighter. The private bathroom in my room had an excellent shower and nice amenities. I took a long walk through the park and the neighborhood (an area of Greensboro I didn't know existed) and Raechel recommended nearby restaurants within walking distance. The rate for weekday business travelers is comparable if not somewhat less than a good quality chain hotel. Although I'm not a big breakfast eater, what I had was delicious (and included in your room rate.) I think this would be a wonderful retreat (romantic and otherwise) for traditional B & B afficianados. If, like me, you travel for business, consider giving the Greenwood a try if the location suits your needs. My prior concerns about sacrificing privacy quickly disappeared. Only caveat is that there are no TV's in the actual rooms but there are two roomy public areas wth available television. Give up your frequent guest points for a change and bring a book. You'll be cordially treated and feel very much at home.

• Liked — Friendly staff, quiet convenient location, lovely rooms
  • Disliked — Enjoyed every aspect
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Adyson