“Delightful oasis near downtown Greensboro”

Greenwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
South Florida, Florida
“Delightful oasis near downtown Greensboro”
Reviewed 3 July 2007

Instead of staying at a traditional hotel as I usually do while on business, I tried the Greenwoood B & B and was thoroughly delighted (so much so I may forgo chain hotels in the future in other cities I frequent.) First of all, the inkeeper, Raechel, was so accomodating and made me and my guests (we held a meeting at the Inn the following day) exceedingly comfortable. The room I stayed at (#4 Poppy) was well appointed and offered a view of the park across the very quiet street. I looked at the room next door (#3 Bluebell) which was equally inviting if not a bit larger and lighter. The private bathroom in my room had an excellent shower and nice amenities. I took a long walk through the park and the neighborhood (an area of Greensboro I didn't know existed) and Raechel recommended nearby restaurants within walking distance. The rate for weekday business travelers is comparable if not somewhat less than a good quality chain hotel. Although I'm not a big breakfast eater, what I had was delicious (and included in your room rate.) I think this would be a wonderful retreat (romantic and otherwise) for traditional B & B afficianados. If, like me, you travel for business, consider giving the Greenwood a try if the location suits your needs. My prior concerns about sacrificing privacy quickly disappeared. Only caveat is that there are no TV's in the actual rooms but there are two roomy public areas wth available television. Give up your frequent guest points for a change and bring a book. You'll be cordially treated and feel very much at home.

• Liked — Friendly staff, quiet convenient location, lovely rooms
  • Disliked — Enjoyed every aspect
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Adyson