“Good Restaurant Tucked in Quaint Neighborhood”
Review of Fishbones

Fishbones
Ranked #39 of 886 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Good Restaurant Tucked in Quaint Neighborhood”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Our friends who lived nearby suggested that we dine at Fishbones. It was a pleasurable experience in a location that we had not previously visited. It is not a shopping center but a cluster of 4 or 5 businesses (primarily restaurants and a neighborhood grocery store) surrounded by upscale single family neighborhoods. I enjoyed a fish dish (salmon) with very tasty sauces along with an enjoyable IPA. Very good service, reasonable prices in a friendly neighborly atmosphere. I don't recommend for small children.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank MarkS719

• Hebrew first
Greensboro, NC
“Try their specials!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Love this place. Love their fish dishes, though they have a nice selection of other stuff. I love their organic side dishes: organic kale, garlic mashed potatoes, etc. The chairs are super uncomfortable but their have nice outdoor seating for lunch. We go almost every week. Good food.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Emmagoestothebeach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great blackened flounder burrito”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Went last night for dinner with a colleague and was very impressed. The beer selection was very good, the atmosphere friendly and the food outstanding. I had the special which was a blackened flounder burrito and my colleague had the fish and chips, both were terrific. I would definetly recommend this place but get there early for a seat.

1 Thank hatchguy
Phoenix, Arizona
“Cozy & Delicious”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This has become a must-visit restaurant when I visit Greensboro. It's a fantastic, cozy neighborhood restaurant, so it may be hard to find a seat but the food is definitely worth it. The menu is creole-inspired and it takes me a while to make my selections. My first visit I had the excellent shrimp and grits, which makes my mouth water now even though it's been a year since I had it. Most recently, I had blackened salmon with jalapeno ranch mashed potatoes and garlic spinach. That's right my friends, jalapeno ranch mashed potatoes. All with a nice cab. Definitely recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Seasarawrite
greensboro
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The true definition of a neighborhood gem. You won't find Fishbones listed in the top guides - damn, I don't think it even has a website. But if you want reliably excellent food, a great atmosphere and a friendly crowd, Fishbones is the place for you. If none of this appeals do yourself and us a favor and go somewhere else!

• Visited November 2013