“Great restaurant in Lindley Park area”
Review of Fishbones

Fishbones
Ranked #61 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 24 August 2014

One task when visiting your kid in college is to find special restaurants not far from the campus which don't drain your wallet like a tuition bill, but special enough to return. The intersection of Walker & Elma is home to Fishbone's which goes beyond the beer and burger spots which seem to be everywhere in Greensboro. After 2 visits for lunch, it has become part of each visit to uncG.

First off, staff is friendly, very hospitable and know what it takes to be a great waittress. The beer list is extensive and the menu is not a normal pub fare so questions are politely and sometimes whimsiclally answered. They are timely with attention and keep you from suffering from an empty glass when so many beverages can be tried.

They will accept friendly, well-mannered dogs in the outdoor eating area. Wait staff had a water bowl waiting at the table when we called ahead.

Beer selection has locals, domestics and imports. I love Smithwicks which is served draught in a traditional full pint glass. wine offerings are broad also.

Atmosphere is like an English pub with bar and high table service. TV for sports if needed.

Ate fish tacos on first visit and yesterday had the corn bread fried oysters over a very busy salad where both were great. My soulmate had the taco du jour yesterday which was an eclectic spin as it contained a base of great whipped potatoes, fried onions and other items served with a great sauce. Daughter had the hamburger which was cooked to perfection. Well done and it did not break the bank.

I strongly recommend eating inside or outside. Both will allow you to feel the atmosphere of this neat area stuck between Greensboro College & uncG and shopping at Friendly Center.

1  Thank Donald R

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm come here often as it's close to my house and have yet to have a bad experience. Service is usually good, atmosphere is excellent, and food is always superb. If i'm stopping by for lunch I usually opt for the bologna sandwich. It may sound like something a 9 year old boy would order but it is incredibly good. I'm actually starting to crave one as I type this. Anyway, great local spot.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great as usual!!!
Spring rolls are a must for us.
We have always had great food and great service
Love the atmosphere but really love the outdoor seating area.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our friends who lived nearby suggested that we dine at Fishbones. It was a pleasurable experience in a location that we had not previously visited. It is not a shopping center but a cluster of 4 or 5 businesses (primarily restaurants and a neighborhood grocery store) surrounded by upscale single family neighborhoods. I enjoyed a fish dish (salmon) with very tasty sauces along with an enjoyable IPA. Very good service, reasonable prices in a friendly neighborly atmosphere. I don't recommend for small children.

3  Thank MarkS719
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Love this place. Love their fish dishes, though they have a nice selection of other stuff. I love their organic side dishes: organic kale, garlic mashed potatoes, etc. The chairs are super uncomfortable but their have nice outdoor seating for lunch. We go almost every week. Good food.

1  Thank Emmagoestothebeach