“A little hard to find” 3 of 5 bubbles

Liberty Oak
Ranked #62 of 885 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A little hard to find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My brother picked this place for his birthday. It nestled in downtown Greensboro and can be hard to see in the car. Luckily it's beside the big parking garage which is good for finding location but awful for a view especially for the small amount of outdoor seating they have. When you first enter the restaurant, there is a small bar area and a few tables. You have to turn left to find the hostess to meet you. They were very busy that night and I waited for about 10 minutes before any one asked me how many people we had. The atmosphere was quite loud, and it's not a suitable place for close conversations. The food was good but it wasn't the best food I've ever had. I felt that every dish we had fell a little short. What was cool was the small amount of local products they tried to incorporate into their menu but I wouldn't call this place a farm-to-table place. Overall, I would go back if a friend or family had some event there, but it isn't my first choice of places to eat in Greensboro.

• Visited April 2014

Yorktown, Virginia
“Enjoyable Dinner with Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Food and service were super for this Good Friday dinner at Liberty Oak. We had drinks followed with great salads. Our entrees were shrimp and grits and shrimp tasso. Desserts were key lime pie and chocolate pecan pie. A dinner to remember for company and food.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A little local gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at this restaurant. Great service, delicious food, very interesting atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed their meals (there were 4 of us) and we are looking forward to our next visit to Liberty Oak.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greensboro, North Carolina
“I Expected way better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I went there for Valentine's Day dinner(our first time there for dinner) and we were not impressed. It was crowded and we did have reservations for 7:30. The "couples" seating were against one wall(one long cushioned seat) with small tables and chairs. We were so close to the couple next to us that we could have joined their conversation. NOT romantic at all! The service was great and our waiter Carlos was wonderful! The food was(to quote the previous review) "not worth the money". We had been there a few years ago for lunch and it was pretty good. Guess we'll just stick to that.

• Visited February 2014
“Not worth the money!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

They seem to be confused about their identity. Servers wear jeans and shorts but customers seem to range from formal attire to to shorts. The price if entrees range from about 20 to 30 dollars. The meal was ok at best. The are Liberty Oak & Bar but they only serve beer, wine, & martinis... Not the place for me.

• Visited October 2013