“The challenge”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying that I have traveled the country and sushi is one of my favorite foods. In Greensboro it may be great sushi, but I would give it a 7.5 out of 10 overall for sushi. My wife and kids had the hibachi (which by the way was not cooked in front of us like we prefer) and she would rate that about a 6 out of 10. Although not snobby people we are food snobs because we have been spoiled by really good food.
The service and hospitality was great! The atmosphere was average. I don't want to sound critical but if you read my review and know your food, I think you will find it accurate and hopefully helpful if you visit. Because I have been spoiled with really good sushi and hibachi I would probably not eat here again. Not because it is bad because it was not. ( I did rate it 4 stars) but because there are plenty of options for food in this area and I have a couple favorites already. If you have not been to a coastal state or Las Vegas and you enjoy sushi, you will probably feel this is pretty good. Hope this helps.

3  Thank Musicfreak

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Japanese couple who own this resturant are extremely friendly and personable. Personally, walking into that resturant makes me feel like they are welcoming me into their home. I have had long conversations with them.
The food there is the most authentic Japanese cuisine that you can get in Greensboro, possibly North Carolina. The couple moved here from Akashi Japan, and they brought their knowledge and expertise in Japanese cuisine with them.
They may ask you if you have had a dish before or recommend a dish that you may like when you order. They always try to ensure that you will enjoy the food that you are eating and have a pleasant experience.
I have lived in this area for three years. This resturant is one of my favorite places to eat in this area. I recommend it if you are looking for true Japanese flavor.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The sushi here is good. The only thing about this place is it is not in a fancy building nor do they have a ton of fancy specialty rolls. The sushi chef (i assume owner) gave me a roll on the house. The waitress was stopped several times to check on me. Both the sushi chef and who I assume was his wife made sure I enjoyed every thing when I was done. So overall not a fancy place but good food and great service

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We knew we wanted a good-quality, fun sushi experience, so we decided to take a gamble on this place. The staff was so nice! We got a whole free sushi roll, asked by the chef if our food was good, and were treated like regulars even though it was our first time. The sushi rolls were delicious as well. Definitely underrated, a true hidden gem. We even got a picture with the chef afterwards because it was one of our birthdays! Definitely go here for an unpretentious, delicious sushi experience.

1  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were invited for an informal lunch, Akashi was the place we went too. We loved the sushi and noodles. Service was great and we were well entertained. Guess you need to see for yourself