“Excellent quality and choices”
Review of Pho Hien Voung

Pho Hien Voung
Ranked #9 of 930 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have gone to Pho Hien Voung several times in the past year, and it's consistently very good quality food with excellent service and reasonable prices. The serving sizes are very generous--we usually have an extra full dinner of leftovers to take home. I haven't found the food over-salted or too sweet at all, as another reviewer wrote. I would have noticed since I don't add salt or sugar in my own cooking. My only concern was that parking on a rainy weekend evening was a bit challenging since part of the lot isn't paved. The weekends can be crowded, but if you don't want to wait, just order take out. It's very quick!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had my first taste of Pho in China of all places. Friends recommended this place and it is now a 'go to' place for the family. In addition to the Pho you must try the fresh spring rolls.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Been going here for years. The lunch specials are a great bargain, portions are generous and the food is delicious. Restaurant is very clean and the staff are all very friendly.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Vietnamese/Thai cuisine is not inherently high on the sweetness scale, but you wouldn't know that from dining at Pho Hien Voung. The Tom Yum Shrimp soup was highly spiced, per my request, and would have been excellent had the extraordinary sugar content not ruined the experience. Far too much sugar was also evident in a pork and green beans dish, as well as in the lemongrass chicken. Although the pork and chicken were of high quality, the vast amount of salt used in both dishes was the final deal-breaker.

Although we specified medium hotness for both entrées, neither had any "kick" whatsoever. There were various unlabeled sauces in plastic containers on the table; some added heat, but also altered the flavor of the food. If a meal isn't prepared to specifications in the kitchen, you can't remedy the situation with squeeze bottles at the table.

We ordered a couple of appetizers, but the entrées were brought immediately afterwards. If you want a leisurely procession of courses, you would be well advised to delay ordering the main dishes until any first courses have already been consumed.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I became hooked-on-Pho from my days in Seattle. This was a huge surprise in NC. Pho Hien Vuong's Pho is awesome! After my first trip, I have turned many coworkers' onto Pho and the other dishes available (everything is great!)

If you haven't experienced Pho, let me just say, you don't know what your missing, until you have had it, and then you miss it everyday!

Thanks Pho Hien Vuong for such great food and consistency!!!