“close to Drury Inn”

Darryl's Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #10 of 895 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Veasley St
Transit: Use the Greensboro Transit Authority Bus System. Mon- Sat. use Route 11 stop 3 at the High Point Rd. and Pinecroft intersection, and Sun. take Route 25 stop 3 at the same intersection. More information regarding the Greensboro Transit Authority is available via http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/GDOT/divisions/gta/routes/
Description: Since 1971 we’ve been known for our 100% wood fire grilled steaks, ribs, and Southern classics. We expanded in 2010 with a $2 million renovation that included two outdoor fire pits, an outdoor bar, large patio, themed seating areas, new large bar, business bar, and state of the art kitchen. Although steaks and ribs are our specialty, we offer a large and diverse, made from scratch menu. With a World Class Bar program consisting of 24 craft beers on draft, 24 wines by the glass, and a 10-page menu– we’re sure you’ll find something to please your taste buds. Our two-story restaurant has plenty of room for all your friends and we’re eager to accommodate groups of all sizes up to 130 people. You can even reserve the fire pit areas and theatre room for private events! Enjoy your meal in a glamorous theatre room, floating ferris wheel seat, elevator booth, jailhouse or snuggle up with S’mores for dessert by one of our outdoor fire pits. Located across from the Koury Convention Center and close by the Greensboro Coliseum.
“close to Drury Inn”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

good variety of menu items including drinks. across street from hotel ( side street). We ate there twice, both times were good experiences; have late hours too.

Visited May 2014
Jennifer H, Public Relations Manager at Darryl's Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Glad you enjoyed your trip to Darryl's! Hope you come back again soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Lots of beer and food to choose from”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We made online reservations about a week ahead for the Saturday night before Father's Day. We were seated within 5 minutes of arriving. Our server was great and attentive, but it did take awhile for the food to arrive. No complaints from us as it was a very busy Saturday night. I got the French Dip....good thing it came with dip as the meat was very dried out. But with the dip it had a great flavor. All of our meals were good...steak, pork sandwich and a combo of ribs and shrimp. My husband absolutely loves the beer selection and we probably eat here a lot because of that. Will go back!

• Visited June 2014
We're glad you enjoy the place! We just updated our beer menu, so you must come back again soon! Thanks for the review!
Dallas/Duncanville, United States
“Punched in the Ribs”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

For Father's Day, I chose this restaurant while traveling because I wanted baby back ribs. This is a restaurant that specializes in ribs. Their marquee outside flashes pictures of ribs, their menu includes pictures on the front cover of ribs. I was getting hungry just waiting to be seated which took 35 minutes instead of the 20 I was told when I walked in. The only reason we were seated is because my wife had to use the restroom and the girl realized she had never seated us. After sitting down and being introduced to our waiter, his first words were "we're out of ribs tonight" Are you kidding me? A rib joint, on Fathers Day no less, is out of their mainstay. He tried to guide us to a steak(more expensive of course) but I chose the Pub burger with a side of mac n' cheese only to be told minutes later that "we're out of the mac n' cheese". And don't order the sweet potato fries, because "we're out of those as well" My wife ordered a baked potato with sour cream and guess what? Yep, you guessed it, "we're out of sour cream tonight" So after waiting what seemed like an eternity for our food, I asked the waiter to check on our food. It came out ten minutes later. And my Son, who ordered fries, got something called "hot chips" That was the last straw. Now I was out of something, patience! I spoke to the woman manager who really didn't seem to care about our issues. I told her she should find another job because this place will be closing soon. We left this restaurant swearing to never come back. Punched in the ribs in Greensboro, NC.

2 Thank Daniel A
I’m so sorry to hear about your experience. That is definitely not the normal. I’d love to gather a little more information about your experience. Could you please email Jennifer@darryls.com with any other details you believe we should recognize. Thank you so much, and I look forward to resolving your concern.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good Menu Selection - tip on reservations”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Darryl's has been an institution in Greensboro for decades so we have eaten there many times over the years. The current menu has a great variety. At a recent visit to celebrate a family graduation entrees for our group ranged from a Black & Blue Salad to Ribs to lasagna with several options in between. The food was excellent - well prepared and good portions. The service was acceptable but not stellar. They were busy which might account for the speed, but the overall feeling was one of disinterest.

Darryl's has online reservations, but our group wanted a table at a time different than the hour or half hour options. When I called to make the reservation I was told they didn't take reservations on the weekend. When asked about the online reservations, the answer was that the manager often forgets to turn those off. I immediately went online, made a reservation and our table was waiting when we arrived. We didn't have to wait for 30+ minutes like others without reservations. So if you want a weekend reservation, go online.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for the review, we're glad that you and your group enjoyed yourselves! As far as reservations go, we do not accept reservations of 10 or more during our busiest hours on the weekend. (5pm-9pm) If we become fully booked, we then turn off our online reservations so that we do not become overbooked. Hope you've been able to come back again since then!
Snow Camp, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dining out”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I would go back to visit because the food was really good. The waitress took time to tell how the food was cooked. I wish it was more locations local.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank shirley r
Thanks for the review! We are now privately owned, and are looking to expand in the future. Hope you've come back again since!