“Great atmosphere”

Ranked #82 of 911 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Food is good but the wine is better. Wednesday night is half price wine. If you're lucky enough to get a seat near the fountain on the patio, you can sit with friends and sip wine all evening. You can't go wrong with any of the appetizers. The food is consistently good. Nothing spectacular but you can always count on it being good. If there's anything entertaining going on at Festival Park, you want to get a seat on the covered patio where you can watch the stage. We saw America perform from here and weren't fazed at all when it started sprinkling. Great concert and perfect seats. Didn't even have to pay admission.

1  Thank Earthlady

Reviewed 15 July 2013

What fun... I happened to drop in after a business meeting downtown and the cafe was celebrating 1/2 price wine Wednesday! I had a couple of tasty French red recommended by the bartender and decided to stay and order dinner. Decided on the Garlic Lime Shrimp appetizer and a Caesar salad. It was up and ready in no time.Yummy!

The following Friday they had live music in the park and after enjoying the show I decided to stop back and was seated outside. Ordered a draft beer and their mussels with fresh cilantro and white wine. WOW! the mussels were as good as any I every had when I lived outside New York City.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

During a week long training session in Greensboro, we tried Europa twice. The first day was on a Monday and the food was mediocre. French fries seemed as if they had been sitting all day. The cubano sandwich was average. Downside, they serve no iced tea or lemonade. Only sodas and alcoholic beverages. The second time we ate there, within the same week, ordered the cubano again. Tasted as though it had been heated over from the Monday visit. Was not fresh at all. French fries, still cold and stale. My co trainee received his food and was finished eating before I ever received my food. I looked in the kitchen to see what could be the hold up. One waitress picked my plate up and noticed it wasn't her table and sat the plate back down instead of walking 4 feet out the door to deliver it. Our waitress came out with three drinks and realized she had never brought our drinks. She sits the other order of drinks down at our table, retrieves our drinks, picks the other order back up and proceeds outside to deliver it. What if someone had put something in those drinks. Just bad food and service.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was in Greensboro for a wedding. I went for a walk and sort of stumbled upon Cafe Europa. What a lucky find! I had some of the best black bean soup I have ever eaten anywhere. The service was outstanding. It felt like the kind of place where I would have to become a "regular" if I lived in Greensboro. Seemed ideal for almost any occasion from a big brunch with family to happy hour with friends to dinner for two. I loved the food, atmosphere, and the way the people who work there seem fully invested in the place. I will certainly be back when I am in Greensboro again.

1  Thank time2getaway
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Just love this place. The food is always fresh and flavorful and the staff have always been professional. Eat here when the Thursday Beach Music event is in the park next door. Good prices too

1  Thank batgolda