“Best Indian Food Experience to Date!”

Tandoor India Restaurant
Ranked #250 of 904 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have enjoyed Indian cuisine in many different locations, but this had been the best so far! We had the lunch buffet, and prepared ourselves for dried out, semi-warm food. This was the furthest thing from that. The chicken was moist and flavorful, the rice was prepared perfectly, and the sauces were seasoned expertly and served at the correct temperature. The service is friendly and prompt. Even with a full restaurant we were lever left with piles of dirty plates or empty drink glasses. This little gem is a must visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

What most Americans call Indian food is actually North Indian/ Punjabi food. Coming from North East, I miss those killer South Indian restaurants - Mallu Cafe (food from the Mallu or malabar state of Kerala), including porotta, beef fry, fried fish and tandoori chicken - Kerala style - which is the best and Kerala pickle which swallows North Indian pickles for taste) and Saravana Bhavan (authentic South Indian veg food from the state of Tamil Nadu (dosas, vadas, etc which are killer).

All the Indian food I have eaten in Greensboro is average or mediocre Indian or Paki food.

Tandoor does taste better than average around here even though its nothing stellar - same old boring North Indian fare.

I hope some Keralite or Tamilian starts a killer South Indian restaurant here - then I'm all set!!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

There is not many good Indian restaurants in Greensboro and the ones I've been to were not that great. Tandoor has great food for nominal price.
Their appetizers esp. Samosas are great but watch out because most of them are fried. It's less crowded most of the time.
Food was definitely above average. Ambiance and service are just ok. You get large quantity of food for the price. Their meats, esp. lamb, were very tender and tasty. I had both lunch buffet and dinner. I didn't like their lunch buffet but really like the dinner entrees. I would definitely go back for dinner but may not be for lunch buffet. If you happen to visit, don't miss out the Samosas and lamb, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Several different restauranteurs have had Indian restaurants at this location, and this is is the best version. The staff is warm and the food is better than average. I like the prices and the fact that food is seasoned and tasty unlike other Indian restaurants that are quite bland. Love the samosas and the soup and the oloo gobi.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I ordered the Aloo Gobi medium-hot, poppadums, and vegetable samosas. The Aloo Gobi was not spicy enough for me, but it was very tasty. The poppadums felt stale. The vegetable samosas were ok. The food satisfied my craving for Indian cuisine, but it wasn't the best I've ever had. There were no customers dining in the restaurant at 5:30 on a Wednesday evening. Not sure if it had anything to do with Ramadan, so I can't be too quick to judge.