“very good seafood”

Tides Inn Seafood
Ranked #385 of 914 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I went to this restaurant on Saturday and had fried popcorn shrimp, fried jumbo shrimp, fried oysters, french fries and hushpuppies. The seafood was fresh and hot. It tasted very good. I enjoyed the hushpuppies and fries but didn't eat much of it as I wanted to finish the seafood. The sweet tea was very good also. I will visit again when in Greensboro.

2  Thank andreaplace49022

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We recently ate at the Tides Inn. Our party consisted of my husband, mother, my 3 year old son and myself. My husband who doesn't eat seafood ordered chicken tenders which were hard and you could tell that they were your everyday out of the freezer section tenders but considering its a seafood restaurant I didn't expect much better. On to everyone else's. My son had baby fried shrimp when we got his food the shrimp had barely met the fryer we had to send it back. My plate consisted of clam strips, crab cakes and deviled crab. Ok this is a seafood restaurant why in the world would they serve imitation crab that's just ridiculous. My moms food wasn't any better. Our bill was $80 for seafood that I could have cooked better myself. Take my advice go somewhere up the road a little. Terrible place and we will never go back!!!!!

2  Thank MWinebarger
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just ate our last meal at Tides Inn. The plate was overflowing but it was built on hushpuupies. If I had caught that flounder I would have thrown it back so that it could grow up. The filet was thin, dry and overcooked. My wife had the oysters that were as big as your palm of the hand - overly chewy. The waitstaff was excellent - constantly checking on our table to see if there were any needs.

1  Thank wilkialGreensboroNC
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Excellent choice for fried seafood. Never in my life had scallops fried so perfect! A Greensboro Gem!

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Tides Inn has the best fried seafood around. I have never been disappointed. The food is never greasy, the portions are generous and the prices are more than fair. The restaurant is far from upscale, if you looking for fine dining or romantic atmosphere then you should go elsewhere. But, if you are in the mood for some fried jumbo shrimp, flounder or oysters you would be hard pressed to find any better in North or South Carolina. And that includes the coast.